VI - Fireflies

♥︎•♥︎

♥︎♥︎

You found Sakusa on the side of the street.

His glove protected hand, was petting a stray cat.

Very unlike him. Well at least to you.
You pulled on your backpack strap, observing him.

"Shit!" He jumped as his eyes met yours.

You laughed, seeing his startled expression.

"Don't sneak up on me stalker-san."
He snapped, standing back up.
The small cat scurried away into the bushes.

The gentle breeze blew past your ears, making them tingle.
"Y'know I have a name." you replied.
"Huh?" He asked.
"I'm not just stalker-san." you explained.
"Ah, yes. I'm aware."
You frowned as you saw him return to the sidewalk.
"Well? Aren't you gonna ask what my name is?!" you asked, playfully punching his back.

He shook his head. "No need for that."

"I'm telling you anyways. I'm (y/n) (l/n)." you said in a matter-of-factly manner.
Sakusa barely had a reaction but he slowly nodded, stuffing his hands in his pockets once more.
It seemed to be a frequent action in his body language.
Your eye lids felt heavy, and the dark circles were huge. A little concealer managed to cover a little bit of them. But you were still noticeably exhausted.
Last night, you had woken around 2:30am, and rushed to the bathroom because of a terrible sensation in your throat. One of those violent coughing fits started again, pushing out of your body and into the toilet.
More of those damn petals.
There was seriously no escape.

"H-Hey....Sakusa..?" you called sheepishly.

He glanced over his shoulder, his eyes studying the nerve-wrecking look on your face.

"What?" He questioned, slowing down his pace.

"Is it possible to have flowers? Like inside you?" you asked. The question didn't quite make sense, but mentioning any type of disease to Sakusa would trigger his gemaphobia.