Chapter 2

We pulled up to the school and parked the car. Most people in my grade had cars already. I was probably the only one without one. My parents were very cheep. I could barely get them to cough up 20 bucks so that I can go to the movies. They keep insisting that I get a job. I'm actually starting to consider getting one. I love going to the library and last time I went, there was a "Help Wanted" sign. Just then there was a honk behind us. I turned around and saw Rebecca. Rebecca was another girl in our group. She could be popular but she chooses to be with us. She says she would pick us over them every time. I'm not so sure she would though. She does enjoy attention and likes to talk a lot. Also, she gets along great with the cheerleaders and rich girls. She would be high on the popularity charts if she didn't choose to hang out with us. As soon as Rebecca parks she jumps out of the car and sprint to us. "Hey guys! You ready for school?" Asked Rebecca. I stared at her like "Seriously? You want to ask that?" "I'm excited for school!" Said Rebecca with a smile. "Rumor has it that a new kid will be joining us. It was all over Twitter and social media." Said Sarah. I didn't really care so much for social media. I was the one person who could live without it. I was the type that sat around on Pinterest looking at nice things they wish they had. We walked through the doors and instantly there was a huge crowd of people. One guy was trying to get to his class while several people were swarming him. I weaved my way through the crowd and eventually got to my locker. I grabbed my books and went to class.
••••••••••
"Mrs. Smith will you just act like you are paying attention to me.?" Said my math teacher, Mr. Dark. He was talking to me. I didn't care much for what he was saying. I already knew all about what he was teaching. I was a good student and was especially good in math. "Yes sir." I said quietly. I sat up straighter so he would think I was taking him seriously. As I was looking for something to occupy myself with, I saw something I didn't notice before. There was a new boy sitting at the side of the classroom. He had light blond hair, green eyes, and a great smile. He was laughing at what all his friends were saying. "Um.. Mr. Alex....um." Said Mr. Dark. "It's Alex Montaro." Said Alex. "Ah yes. I know you're new, but you really need to pay attention. This is stuff that you will need to know later in life." Said Mr. Dark. I had heard that from about every math teacher I have had. They all say how we need to know this. They tell us that it will be used in our daily lives and all. That was just a load of crap though. We hardly ever had to use exponents or fractions in life. The only time we use fractions, is when we eat pizza. I think principals tell the math teachers that they have to say it, like it's some sort of way to trick us. Just then, Alex looked over at me. I didn't know whether to smile or to look away so I just kept looking. Eventually, he looked away. I'm not so sure what was about that stare but it felt strange.

Hip hip! Hooray! Hip hip! Hooray! I updated just for you guys. School is back in motion so I might not update as often. I will try to make an effort though. Stay classy my friends. -V