Chapter 4

In front of me stood my oldest brother Chad. He was supposed to be in Hawaii with his college buddies. "Chad! What are you doing here." I said as he pulled me into a hug. Chad looked at me sadly and said, "I'm sorry Meghan. I've been lying this whole time. I never went to college. I'm the manager of Macy's. I live in an apartment building alone." by then I was mad. My oldest brother had been lying to us his whole life. "What the hell? You just decide that's it's cool to lie to your family. Mom has been so proud of you. It's going to break her heart to hear that you have been lying. You will never be let in the house again." I screamed. "Wait! You're not telling mom are you? It will ruin my relationship with her." He asked desperately. I was so pissed off at him. "Of course I am! You've been lying! Go to hell you bastard!" I yelled as I slammed the door. I could for get about that job.

••••••••••••••

When I got home my older brother, Shane, was on the couch watching tv and my youngest brothers (twins), Mike and Mark, were fighting over the last bag of chips. I snuck up behind them and grabbed it. "Now neither of you get them. If you can't settle an argument then someone else will settle it for you." I retorted with a smirk. I ran upstairs to look for my mom. It was best if I didn't tell my brothers until later. Mom was my first priority. "Mom?" I said as I walked towards her room. "I'm in here." She said sweetly. "I really need to tell you something." I said as I sat next to her. I reached for her hands and squeezed it. "I ran into Chad at Macy's. When I asked why he was the manager, he told me that everything was a lie. I thought I should be the one to tell you." I said kindly. I could see the mix of anger, shock, and sadness appear on her face. My poor mother has to deal with this. "I-I don't understand. H-He never w-went to college and became a l-lawyer?" My mother said through sobs. "I'm sorry mom." I said. Then my brothers walked in. I nodded at my mom and got up. "Brace yourselves" I whispered as I passed by my brothers. They didn't understand me then but they would soon experience the truth. The awful truth about my brother. I had never been so disappointed.

•••••••••••••

The next day was slow. My classes were just like usual. They were boring and long. One of the worst combinations ever. It wasn't until after 6th period when things heated up. It was getting near the end of class when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and I was face to face with Alex Montaro. "Hey you're Meghan Smith correct?" Asked Alex. I stared for a few seconds then said, "Um yes that's me." "My friend is having a party on Friday and I wanted to invite you. Here's my number." Said Alex. I looked at his hand. I reached for the paper and felt my fingers rap around it, crinkling it a little. Inside I was screaming. One of the coolest guys in school have me his number. I was tingly inside and I just wanted to talk to Alex the whole day. It was a strange feeling. I had never felt like this before. Alex was different and I wanted to hang out with him. As soon as school was done I texted Rebecca and Sarah.

M- "Guess who got Alex Montaro's number."

R- "No way! Even I don't have his number!"

S- "Omg you have to text him."

M- "It was magic when he gave me his number."

R- "Oh my god! You have a crush. No way! I didn't think you liked guys."

M- "Omg! I do. What am I supposed to do? Do I tell him that I like him?"

R- "No way! You have to play hard to get."

S- "Yeah trust Rebecca. She knows what she's talking about."

M- "Okay. Well I guess I'll talk to you tomorrow."

I turned my phone and smiled to myself. Friday was going to be great!

Another update. I'm on a role. If there is something that needs tweaking just comment and tell me. -V