Chapter 9

Stella's POV

I looked around, wondering how the heck I got here. It was a dark and dusty room with a desk and a chair and pretty much nothing else but a locked door.

Oh, I'm not really here, I'm dreaming. I realized, with a sigh of relief. There was no way I wanted to come back here.

"Stella..."  

I jumped and an older woman with black hair and dark green eyes stared at me, her eyes menacing and she looked like she was smirking.

"Give me the book, Stella," the older woman said.

Book? What book? I didn't understand what she meant, except for the magic book I owned most of my life until I dropped it.

"I don't have it," I told her.

The woman glared at me. "You're lying," she said after a moment of silence.

"I'm not lying,"  I said.

"Yes you are! I know you are!" The woman began to scream. "Give it to me!"

I backed away and I bumped into the desk, wanting to get away, I wanted to wake up.

"YOU HAVE THE BOOK! I DROPPED IT LAST TIME I SAW YOU AND I KNOW YOU STOLE IT!" She shrieked.

"No, it chose me," I said. "And I don't know where it is."

"YES YOU DO!"

"Well, I'm sorry, but that's not true."

If looks could kill, she would be a serial killer. "I'LL TORTURE YOU, STELLA! JUST YOU WAIT!" She screamed at me, and her eyes began to change, until they were pure black with smoke coming out.

Then, thankfully, darkness enveloped the nightmare.

My eyes opened up, and I began to hyperventilate. I knew what I saw and who she was, and I knew that sleep was coming any time soon.

Please, don't let me see her again. Please please please.

As I thought that, I noticed that right next to Ember, something was faintly glowing.