Chapter 15

Stella's POV

"Wow, your mom really sucks at her grammar," Ember joked. "Even this book's grammar is better."

I grinned a bit at that statement. Nobody had ever told Nebula that before.

"Yeah, her grammar isn't all that great when she's angry," I said. "Well, at least when she's writing angry letters. Nebula's grammar is usually pretty good most of the time."

"Nebula?" Ember said, confused.

"That's the name of my mother," I told him. "Hey, not everybody has a great relationship with their parents." 

"So what book is she talking about?" Rain asked me. "The one you had for a long time until you um... lost it?"

I nodded, knowing it was somewhere probably in the snowy biome.

"Oh, did books float around you too?" Ember asked.

"Yes, until very recently," I said. "Rain now has the power to use the Wither Book."

Ember nodded in a way that said I don't understand, but I'm going to pretend that I do.

"Wait, hold up. I thought you lived in the Coven," Rain said.

"I did," I replied. "But that wasn't where I lived. I really don't want to go into details, but long story short, we had a complicated relationship and I ran away."

There was a moment of silence as the two processed that.

"What are you going to do?" Ember asked. "I mean, we're supposed to be heading to my village which is that way..."

"And Nebula lives over there which is the complete opposite of where we're going," I said. "The choices are split up or Nebula hunts us down and tries to kill us. None of the choices sound great."

Rain groaned. "Can't one of us come with you?" He asked.

"No, she said alone, or she'll kill us," I said. "Believe me, my mom is talented at torturing her enemies."

"How would you know?" Ember asked.

"I spent everyday for 8 years, hearing people scream as my mother tortured them." I told him.

"Nebula sent that letter because she knows I'm close and that I have company," I continued. "If I decided to come with you and not head back to her house, then she'll just kill us all."

Rain looked crushed when I said that. "Promise not to die?" He asked.

"Oh my gosh," I said, laughing. "Please don't become like Patrick."

"Very funny, Stella," Rain said. "But I'm being serious. Please be careful, okay?"

"I will," I said. "I promise."

"Where should we meet up?" Ember asked, slightly worried. "If we split up, we might not be able to regroup later."

"I'll send a signal," I said. "You'll know it's from me."

"Good luck," Rain told me, as he kissed me.

As I walked away, I heard Ember yell "RAINELLA OR RALLA BECAUSE I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT'S CALLED!"

And I heard Rain shout "SHUT THE HELL UP! OR I'LL CALL ENDERHEART!"

Ember: Who's EnderHeart?

Rain: A character who somehow appears in like every other fanfiction, idiot.

Ember: WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL ME???

I burst out laughing as the two began to bicker.