Chapter 3

Ember's POV

"Higher! Counter!" Patrick was yelling instructions to me. 

Who knew practice was so hard? Something told me that this was normal in their lives.

"Thanks *gasp* for training me." I said, gasping for breath.

"You're welcome," the man replied. "Why don't you take a breather and walk around? Daryll and I are going to talk for a little while."

I nodded, relieved to finally go and explore. I was about six feet away from him, before I turned around and yelling "PAZURA!" For absolutely no reason at all.

The grandmaster called me something that is totally not appropriate to say in this book, so we'll just say he called me a moron, just for the sake of being appropriate. (Even though he clearly didn't call me a moron).

This is a nice place. Minus the cold temperatures. How does anybody even survive in this climate? Hmm, I guess they just get used to it.

I went outside the fortress's walls, and began to walk around. I was heading to absolutely nowhere.

Yeah you're probably just reading this, thinking absolutely nowhere? You're obviously walking somewhere, idiot.

Okay, yeah I get it, now shut up.

Wait? Was that? 

I did a double look, and I was correct because there was a son of a -wait a minute this book isn't supposed to have any swearing- Netherkin.

I pulled out my Netherite sword and slowly began to sneak up behind it. I had fought these types before and I knew how quickly they attacked, so I had to strike first.

When the shadow came closer, I tackled the Netherkin, and we both fell down a cliff.

"WHERE DID SHE GO?" Somebody yelled, much to my surprise, it was not a voice I recognized.

I tried to strike the Netherkin, but she was pretty fast, but clearly I annoyed her for some darn reason, because she summoned this blue glowing sword, and she glared at me.

Wow, for a Netherkin, this one is pretty tame. I thought. Most Netherkin I run into are like "DIE."

I jumped up and swung my sword, which she countered with her own blade. I grabbed her by her horns and threw her into a wall. I began to run towards her for the finishing blow, when I was levitated into the air. Which I have no freaking idea how. And was thrown backwards, and she also managed to hit me with a fireball.

And I thought the only problem about Netherkins were their faster reflexes and hostility.

We both began to run towards each other, and in this next second, the Netherkin was behind me. I turned to see her sword fall down and vanished, as she grabbed her arm, which was bleeding.

Suddenly, another person, my age, with a giant black sword and two different eye colors jumped down.

And he did not look happy.

I'm sorry for not publishing yesterday like I said so! So here you go! Plus, some extra chapters to make up for it.