9. honesty

ag's pov:

I sat up against the wall facing the door of anna's bedroom door. i felt the warmth of a single tear roll down my face. the tear left a cool tingly feeling on my cheek. it was the only thing that i could feel- the pit in my stomach began to grow. I sat there thinking that this picture isn't real- that I didn't just get sent that. I felt completely numb. I clenched my jaw as i balled my fist and hit the floor.

"fuck" i whispered under my breath. This wasn't Anna. I kept telling myself that she wouldn't do this. She wouldn't cheat on me- she wouldn't be the person do something like that. The same sentence kept running through my mind. The mix of anger and sadness overtook my mind. I don't even want to look her in the face- how can I when all I can think about is her lips on his? His hands on her waist that pulled her closer into him. I can't get the image out of my head.

I stood up and walked towards the door. I paused with my hand resting on the door knob. My grip tightened around the small knob as my head fell onto the door. The tears grew in my eyes while the empty pit grew in my heart. I began to cry. My breathing became heavy and my sight turned blurry.

I turned the door knob and opened the door. I slowly walked out of her room and headed down stairs. I needed to go drive and clear my head. I needed a moment to myself outside of her house.

I grabbed my keys off the counter and as soon as I walked out the front door, my eyes met Anna's as she stepped out of her car.

"Hey- woah what's wrong bubbas?" Anna asked

"Don't call me that" I said quietly as I avoided eye contact.

"What the hell happened?" Anna started walking towards me

"No Anna, you tell me what the hell happened. You tell me what the hell happened with you and Carter." My voice was shaky from the anger pulsing through my body.

Anna looked at the ground for a few seconds before looking back up at me.

"Anna what the fuck happened in that parking lot. Tell me the truth. All I want is honesty." More tears began to form in my eyes.

Anna stared at me blankly.

"Talk Anna. Did you kiss him?" I asked.

"What? No I didn't kiss him- what-" Anna said

"Anna did you guys kiss? Just tell me the truth." I felt the physical pain in my chest grow.

Anna's eyes widened and became watery. She looked at the ground hiding her face.

"Anna just tell me the truth."

"Yes." She said

"Yes what? You kissed?" My jaw clenched tight as I quickly looked away from her.

"He kissed me. Yes. But I didn't kiss him back Ag-"

"I saw it, Anna. His hands on your waist and everything." I couldn't stop the tears from falling down my cheeks.

"No Ag, look you don't understand-"

"Just stop talking, Anna. You just told me you kissed. I saw the picture. I think I understand enough. Now excuse me- I need to clear my head." I said as I walked away from her towards my car.

"Ag stop it. Just talk to me. That is not what happened at all- Margot set it all up. You have to believe me. I'm being honest." Anna spoke fast

"I don't wanna hear the excuses, Anna." those were the last words that came out of my mouth before shutting my car door.