2. Dreadful Encounter

On the way back into the castle i couldn't help but watch my surroundings.

The kingdom that had once been so serene and beautiful had turned into a soulless ghost kingdom of what it used to be. A ghost town has more of a chance of being revitalized. No music was allowed to be played for Maximus despised the sound about as much as i despised him. 

The only reason i even knew about music was because i found a old music box my great grandmother used to own. My mother wrote in her diary that music was what had kept her sane  her 16 years locked up until she was finally able to find a way to sneak out.

She went to the closest village and there is where she met my father.

He was the son of a knight.

She was instantly attracted to him and over time they fell in love.

They would meet in secret for months until came the day where she gave herself completely to him.

Two months after, Maximus killed my father knowing i was in my mother's womb.

After i was born he killed her as well.

All i have of them both is a picture and her diary.

I was raised by Maximus himself.

If that is what you call it.

He would give me anything. Everything but my freedom.

Luckily now its only limited freedom.

How could he refuse?

Two years ago, i threatened to kill myself if he did not let me leave the castle grounds. He looked ready to kill me himself for my "insolence". 

I didn't need him.

He was the one that needed me.

He had the throne.

But not fully until he was wed with one of the royal bloodline. Magic can be very tricky. It is almost like my ancestors saw this coming and came up with an ingenious back-up plan. Just not genius enough.

Which is why i am being forced to marry him. The day after my birthday.

I couldn't live with myself knowing that i did nothing and just let him have me and my kingdom.

I needed help.

I needed help from the witches.

################################################################################

As i arrived to the castle, i saw Maximus waiting for me. He had black shiny hair. Red lips. Pale skin. He was beautiful, in his own way. The only thing unnerving were his eyes. Pitch black.

"Ah, you have returned so soon my love."

Indignantly i responded, " I am nothing of yours. "

"You will be soon. My wife. My queen."

"What is it that you want?"

"Nothing, nothing at all. I just needed you to know that you should be ready with a dress. Three nights from tonight there will be a ball. In your honor. To announce our engagement."

"Whatever."

I replied as i walked up the steps leading to my quarters.

I entered my room. Maximus might not know what I am planning, but he sure knows how to thwart my plans. So it seems, I had less time that i originally thought.

Bugger.

______________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

 Good day my lovely readers,

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I sure enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to comment, vote, follow, or simply read on. Until next time,

Lady Isabelle ;)