Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Xiang Yang turned his head around and asked, "What is it?" Zhao Wanyan pursed her lips, biting back her words. She hesitated for a while before she finally said, "We... Can we not stay in the tavern in the village and stay here instead?"

Xiang Yang felt odd at that idea and asked, "Why?" Zhao Wanyan's cheeks flushed a deep hue of maroon as she answered, "Some of the villagers might be looking for me now..." Xiang Yang replied with a smile and said, "Miss Zhao, are you worried about that group of bandits?" You don't have to worry about them. I can handle them with ease, even if they outnumber us by ten times."

Zhao Wanyan hastily shook her head and said, "It's not them... I just don't want to be found by them..."

Xiang Yang was actually surprised. Looking at Zhao Wanyan who was furrowing her eyebrows and at a loss of words, he said, "I will not ask further if you have any unspeakable worries. It's fine to not live in the tavern. I'm just worried that you might not be used to sleeping outdoors." A smile worked its way across Zhao Wanyan's face and her dimples appeared. "Thank you so much, Mr. Xiang." She blushed again and said softly, "I have to ask you for another favor..." Xiang Yang said smilingly, "Go ahead and tell me about it."

Zhao Wanyan's entire face became crimson red, as she held both her hands tight and lowered her head. Then, she quietly whispered, her voice as soft as mosquitoes, "Can... Can you please check whether there is anyone around? I want to take a bath in the river..." She could not lift her head after saying it. Fiddling with her fingers, she looked embarrassed and a little restless.

After hearing her request, Xiang Yang laughed heartily and initiated the Qinggong technique to cross the bridge and leap into the woods to scan around. Then, he returned to his original spot within seconds and said cheekily, "There are people, but there are only two of them. A lady and just me. What should I do now?"

Zhao Wanyan's heart was pounding as she replied in a soft voice, "Thank you so much, Mr. Xiang... Uh... You..." Xiang Yang instantly clapped his hands and said tactfully, "Alright, I will be taking a nap behind the bridge. I swear I won't take a peek." Zhao Wanyan hummed in acknowledgment and spoke again, "It would be best if you don't take a nap. If someone comes, I..." Xiang Yang smiled and said, "Okay, I will keep watch then." After that, he strode off in the river's direction and simply stood beside the bridge.

As Zhao Wanyan glanced at his silhouette from the back, her cheeks flushed red again. Why am I scared that someone might come and take a peek when I'm not worried that he might harass me?

She strolled to the riverside with her mind in complete disarray. The more she thought about the presence of the young and energetic man on the other side of the bridge while she was bathing in the river, the more embarrassed she became. However, she was not worried about him at all. She merely thought that he was a bright and straightforward person. Immersed in her thoughts, she started to take off Xiang Yang's robe and her torn silk clothes slowly. Like a pupa that had metamorphosed into a colorful butterfly, she possessed a gorgeous posture that was an extreme rarity in the human world.

Meanwhile, Xiang Yang was on the other side of the bridge. Even though he could not see what was going on in the river clearly, he could hear everything due to his outstanding inner power. He could clearly discern the sound of her undressing and stepping into the water with a few gentle splashes. Occasionally, he could hear her melodious bell-like chuckle, crisp and seductive. Although he could not see the view behind the bridge, his heart was thumping uncontrollably. However, he still did not turn his head or neck at all.

Xiang Yang took a deep breath and heaved a long breath to calm his emotions slightly. Suddenly, he was shocked by Zhao Wanyan's abrupt telling. "Ahhh!" He was taken aback as he thought to himself. Did someone approach her without me noticing? His heart was gripped with anxiety at that thought, so he flew into the air immediately and leaped over the bridge at lightning-speed. However, when he was about to chase the intruder away after reaching her, he was stunned by the sight that greeted him.