Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Xiang Yang removed his long robe from her and fished out a light-green silk blouse from the cloth bundle, asking, "What about this?" Zhao Wanyan chuckled softly, "Sure." Caressing the side of her breasts with his left hand, he chortled, "It's such a waste to cover up this beautiful body with clothes." She felt shy and muttered, "Stop it!" before reaching out to grab her clothes. Xiang Yang hid his right hand that was holding the blouse behind his back. "Hold on, answer my question first." She replied, "What is it?" Xiang Yang asked, "What was it that you asked Taoist Lu not to tell?"

Leaning against his chest, Zhao Wanyan spoke with much tenderness, "Don't ask me now. You'll see when we reach the Capital...it might...not be appropriate for me to tell you now." Xiang Yang, who had not planned to force it out of her, immediately smiled. "Alright, I won't ask then!" While he spoke, he helped Zhao Wanyan to don her blouse, whereas the latter presented a silver hairpin and pinned it on her hair. The simple adornment complemented the beauty of the lady; Zhao Wanyan leaned gracefully on the bridge, her green blouse billowing in the breeze, as though she was a riverside willow swaying with endless gentleness and charm. Xiang Yang complimented, "Wanyan, no wonder that golden coin fish sank into the waters after jumping out of it. The metaphor 'a beauty who makes fish sink and wild geese fall at sight' describes you perfectly."

Flattered, Zhao Wanyan giggled, "There aren't any geese flying around here." Xiang Yang smiled, "How so? There's one extremely beautiful goose lying right in front of my eyes." Zhao Wanyan tilted her head slightly and blushed with her cheeks crimson.

The two who were immersed in such a passionate love stayed up all night talking by the tree. At the break of dawn, Xiang Yang and Zhao Wanyan bought two horses in town and headed north to the Capital.

The couple who had the first taste of love dragged on their journey, as if they hoped never to reach the Capital. As they were afraid that other guests might overhear them, Zhao Wanyan was too shy to be intimate with Xiang Yang in a guesthouse, so they slept in the wilderness for two consecutive days. When dusk was about to fall on this day, the two journeyed past barren hills but was yet to reach any town. Xiang Yang laughed, "Wanyan, are we still sleeping in the wild tonight?" Zhao Wanyan chuckled, "I don't know. Up to you." Xiang Yang's smile froze, suddenly rendering his horse to stop and remained quiet with a grim face. Zhao Wanyan asked curiously, "Big Brother Xiang, what's wrong?"

Xiang Yang did not answer. After a while, he directed his words toward the woods in front of them, "My friends ahead, how much longer do you want to wait before you show yourselves?"

Out of a sudden, people flooded out from the woods around them, some with knives and some with spears. Most of them had a fierce face. Then, three men who appeared to be the leaders walked out. One of them was Third Chief of the White Tiger Camp. The other one was skinny and bony with a messy long beard, squinting his narrow eyes. Tall and sturdily built, the last one was bald with a thick short beard, emanating a mighty aura.

Xiang Yang saluted. "You flatter me! In fact, the recent acquaintance with my lover has caused me to loosen up. I have long forgotten my vow to flatten White Tiger Camp in three days. It is such a coincidence that I passed by here today, so despite my forgetfulness, I suppose I should flatten it." He laughed.

The skinny man snorted. "Who are you, kiddo?" Xiang Yang replied, "My last name is Xiang and my first name Yang. I suppose you three chiefs have never heard of a nobody like me. Since I don't know your great names either, we're even." The skinny man spat angrily, "You're still this cocky though you're about to die, huh?" With his body sprang forward, his right hand reached toward Xiang Yang's left shoulder with a precise yet savage force.

That fat guy will never catch up with this skinny man's reflexes. His method of grasping is extremely powerful! Xiang Yang cheered for his opponent in his heart. Flipping his left palm, he blocked the grasp then moved his body sideways, hurling his right palm toward the center of his opponent. The skinny man did not manage to grab him with his left hand; instead, Xiang Yang's palm was about to hit his waist. Surprise colored on the man's face. He ducked it and flew backward diagonally, barely dodging the attack.

The giant man gave a thumbs up and commented, "What a move! Brother Xiang, this is my third brother Guo Degui, and this my second brother, Ding Ze." He pointed at Third Chief and the skinny man respectively. He then continued, "I am Tong Wanhu. Do you know why we three brothers established White Tiger Camp? Xiang Yang replied, "I am all ears."