Chapter 14

Chapter 14

As the white tiger crept forward, the White Tiger Tribe bandits retreated in fear, and a gap soon formed between them. Tong Wanhu had witnessed firsthand how it absolutely annihilated the soldiers who came up the mountain to attack their tribe, including an extremely skilled martial artist. He knew that it was unlike any other ordinary tiger. Usually, the white tiger lived in the mountain caves and often wandered throughout the mountains. The White Tiger Tribe was named after it. To their astonishment, it had deigned to show itself today to face Xiang Yang, a formidable foe. Tong Wanhu could not help feeling overjoyed, "Brother Tiger, it's just too wonderful that you have decided to help us get rid of this pesky fellow!" After he said this, he took a broadsword from one of his subordinates and took a wide stride forward.

Interestingly, the white tiger swept its head back to look at them, and it growled deeply as it tilted its head to one side while looking at Tong Wanhu. Tong Wanhu was momentarily stupefied before he said, "Indeed, Brother Tiger wishes to hunt alone, and does not need our assistance."

The white tiger turned back toward its prey, it arched its back up before leaping toward Xiang and Zhao. Xiang Yang saw that the beast was moments away from tearing into them and thought to himself, It's too dangerous for Wanyan to be here! He turned and picked up Wanyan and placed her on a tree, as he wanted her out of harm's way so that he could concentrate on the battle.

He had only jumped about five or six feet high when suddenly a gust of wind blew over their heads. Out of nowhere, a black shadow loomed over both of them. With one leap, the white tiger had somehow managed to reach above Xiang Yang. It was exceptionally violent and fast; with a furious roar, the tiger swiped its claws downward, aiming right at Xiang Yang. In the rush of danger, Zhao Wanyan uncontrollably screamed in fear. Xiang Yang was shocked as well, reacting instinctively by slamming his palm against the tree trunk, propelling the both of them away as the tiger claws narrowly missed them both. With a twist midair, the white tiger landed steadily on the ground, it dug its claws into the ground in frustration before them with a raging roar.

Xiang Yang was stunned by the white tiger's ferocity. Fearing he might accidentally harm Zhao Wanyan, he pushed her away with his left palm only to see the silhouette of the tiger flit closeby. Xiang Yang let out a battle cry as he gathered his energy, he dogged the white tiger's strike and leaped into the air. With a quick strike, he smacked right on the beast's forehead with a Thunder Palm Strike, and he leveraged himself onto the white tiger's back. The white tiger roared in anger as the Thunder Palm Strike made contact with its body, but surprisingly, it seemed totally unfazed by the strike. When Xiang Yang climbed onto its back its tail of black and white stripes whished at him like a thick whip. Xiang Yang immediately grabbed its tail, but before he could do anything, the tiger effortlessly flung Xiang Yang off its back, sending Xiang Yang tumbling to the ground.

The white tiger let out yet another fearsome roar, it turned around swiftly and charged toward Xiang Yang like a lightning bolt. Xiang Yang had yet to land on the ground, his whole weight was supported by his right hand on the ground, shifting his body horizontally as he dodged the tiger claws. The claws hit a Cypress tree, and the tree shook violently before shattering into pieces. Branches and leaves exploded in the air and everyone else fearfully tried to shelter themselves from these projectiles.

Xiang Yang mumbled in his heart, What exactly is this white tiger? Where on earth does it get all the power and strength? Without a second thought, he turned swiftly and affirmed his stance. The white tiger had lightning-quick reflexes, if it missed him on the first pounce, a second pounce would follow after instantly. Its moves were flowing together like that of a skilled martial artist. With his swift movements, Xiang Yang dodged both of the beast's pounces before he circled to the side of the white tiger. Channeling strength through the tip of his toes, his right foot flew forth like a lightning bolt and struck the belly of the beast.

The kick was devastating and the white tiger buckled. It yelped in pain, and let loose a parry of slashes. Xiang Yang had exerted too much power in that kick just now, and could barely move to dodge the coming attack. He barely shifted his body to the side when he felt a sharp pain across his left leg. The slash wound on his leg had been grazed by the tiger's claws and a stream of fresh blood came oozing out. All the White Tiger Tribe bandits cheered with joy at that sight.

"Big Brother Xiang!" Zhao Wanyan had turned pale with fear, she rushed up to him. She stared at his wound, appearing rather panicked and afraid. Xiang Yang was instantly horrified as he saw the white tiger leap toward them. At that moment, he knew it was impossible to protect Zhao Wanyan and himself at the same time.

However, the white tiger did not pounce at him but was creeping toward him with its head bowed down. By now, Xiang Yang's insides were in turmoil, he whispered to himself, Even if I were to die under the fangs of this tiger, I would kill it for Wanyan's sake. Alas, his heart suddenly throbbed in pain as he thought, Even if I am lucky enough to kill the white tiger... It would be far worse fate if Wanyan were to fall in the hands of these bandits. I cannot let this happen..."