𝙁𝙊𝙐𝙍𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉

𝗞𝗮𝗿𝗹'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩

I flutter my eyes open as I give out a yawn. I look over to my right where Grace was sleeping peacefully. I smile at the sight and the thought of this being the first time ever me and Grace woke up together.

I admired her peaceful sleeping as I thought about what was actually going to happen today. In only a couple of hours I would maybe ruin our friendship forever.

I really hoped the odds are with me on this one, because if they weren't, I would be emotionally ruined for the rest of my life.

I was still second guessing the decision of giving the letter to her. I didn't want to risk our friendship, but I still wanted it to escalate to something bigger.

Before I could make a full on decision of what I was going to do later, Grace woke up next to me. I put my arm around her as she opened her eyes to look up at me. She stretched a bit before she snuggled up next to me.

I started blushing as I smiled at her, and she smiled back. "Good morning Karl." She says in her scrappy morning voice.

"Good morning Gracie." I say as I wipe away some of her hair out of her face and tuck it in behind her ear. "How are you?"

"I'm okay. I just feel so sad that I'm leaving today. I don't want to leave you." She says sadly as she lays her head on my chest which made me blush a bit more as I felt butterflies fill my stomach.

"I don't want you to leave either. But that's unfortunately what we have to do. But we'll see each other again soon." I say trying to comfort he as I started to feel empty and sad inside.

'We'll see each other again soon. Maybe there won't be another time? Maybe this letter will mess everything up. Should I really risk our friendship? Karl, don't be a pussy, just funcking do it.' I thought as I held her a bit tighter.

"I hope so." She sighs as she closes her eyes again. We lay there in comfortable silence for a couple of moments before she started speaking.

"Can we please just cuddle until we have to leave? I want to have this last moments with you before I leave." I nod happily at her question and she smiles back.

"Of course." I say softly as I put both of my arms around her to pull her closer. I spent the rest of the time with her debating in my head about what I should do, but at the same time enjoying the last time that I would have with her for a year or so.

-

I put Grace's luggage in the back of the car before we both sat down in the front, with me in the drivers seat. I started the engine and started to drive towards the airport as Grace had the aux, playing some tunes she knew we both enjoyed.

We both sang along happily to the lyrics, having a great time in the car til we arrived at the airport.

She took her bag out of the back before we both walked out to the entrance of the big building. I looked at her with tears in my eyes as we were about to say goodbye.

I didn't want that moment to be the last time I would ever see her, but I decided that I would give her the letter, it was worth the risk.

"So I guess this is goodbye." She sighs as we stood there. I saw a tear roll down her cheek and I immediately wiped it away from her cheek before I pulled her into a tight hug.

'Would this be our last hug? It just can't be.' I thought with the anxiety starting to stream inside of me.

"I guess it is." I sigh. "But I got you a letter." I say, handing the envelope to her. She smiled as she took it gladly. She reached for her bag and she pulled out an envelope as well. I got surprised as she gave it to me. "We have got each other letters." I laugh as she laughs along with me.

"Yeah, we did. I want you to read this as soon as possible, just not right as we're standing here, but soon." She says as she looks down at my hands and then up at me again. She pulled me into another hug, hugging me tighter than ever before, like there wasn't tomorrow.

I hugged her back as well, eager for her comfort. "I love you so much Karl." She says as she cried into my shoulder. "I love you too Grace." I say as we pull away. I felt a tear roll down my cheek.

"Wow, even big boy's crying." She laughs. "He sure is." I chuckle. "I'll see you soon Grace." I smile sadly at her and she smiles back at me.

"I'll see you soon Karl. Goodbye." She says as she sighed, giving me a last look. "Goodbye Grace." She gave me a last smile before she walked off into the airport. I was at the edge of breaking down at this point, so I ran to the car to cope with everything that was going on.

I sat down in the drivers seat to practically scream as I cried more than I've ever cried in my entire life. I looked down on my hands to see the envelope laying lightly in my hands.

'Guess it's time to see what this is all about'

-

𝗜'𝗠 𝗦𝗢𝗥𝗥𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗜𝗦 𝗦𝗢 𝗦𝗔𝗗!!