Otherside

I watched the stray tears stream down Legoshi's face. His eyes were closed and his face leaving no trace of expression, well no expression I could read. His face was calm and also distraught at the same time. Like he was trying so hard to let something go.

When he opened his eyes, it was like a symphony flowing through the sky. His eyes were glimmering in the sunlight, with his grey orbs guiding them back and forth into the light. His brows slightly furrowed as he looked up. I could see his mouth slowly twitching as if he was about to sob.

And so he did.

It was unlike any cry I had ever heard. I couldn't call it weak or distorted. 

It was pain. Pain that was weighing onto the melodies on his tethered cries. And although he was in pain, he smiled. A smile that was not akward or fake. It was genuine with all of his feelings. The sight weaved tears into my eyes.

"Louis"

My eyes widened at the call of my name. The call of a gentle voice. A voice I would love to delve into. But before that, it has to be listened to.

"Yes Legoshi?" I said.

"Death, death is beautiful if you think about it. Death isn't the one to blame for all my worries or my pain. 

My withdrawal from the world was choice I made. And ended up in a place where all my life I have resented what death had taken away from me. 

But Death didn't didn't take anything. It gave me something. The gifts of letting go or the mourning that will take a toll. So just before we sat on this bench, before you even asked me that question, I was ready to let go. 

To go to the other side. Where I can revive, where I can stop bounding my mother to my thoughts and my distraught ties"  Legoshi said with his voice wavering as turned to me. My face was streaming with few tears.

"Louis, can you help me for once and for all let her go?"

"Yes"

"Even your going 

Let it find you 

From the otherside 

Even in hiding 

Find it knows you 

 Rocking you to sleep 

From the otherside 

 Tethered by timing 

Let it undo 

Aimless and ripped 

From the root 

Finds you

 Rocking you to sleep

 From the otherside"