Strike a Deal

I stood alone in the headmaster's office facing the man himself. It was not often Grim isn't hanging off my back and following me everywhere. In fact, I was specifically called to come alone over the announcement speakers, leaving A-Deuce at the mercy of Grim's gluttony during lunch break.

Crowley laced his fingers together. "Noctowl-kun, we must talk."

I remained silent and calm.

"It has been a month since the school year began. It is time..." The man paused dramatically while watching my reaction. My poker face remained strong.

"...for you to join a club!"

THIS is why I got called during my lunch break?

"I don't have time to deal with that stuff. I have to clean Ramshackle and continue researching how to get back home while keeping up with my schoolwork at the same time. I'm too occupied for that." I explained in a heartbeat.

He deflected my argument by saying, "But in the case you stay longer than anticipated, you are highly encouraged to participate in extracurricular activities."

"That depends if you are actually helping me with my dilemma, headmaster. Who's to say you aren't delaying my return home whether by procrastination... or something else?"

We had a staring contest. At that point I was exercising my rights to question his authority. The hierarchy between student and headmaster meant little to me when I've grown tired of him tiptoeing around the topic despite him making the promise.

Eventually, Crowley relents with a gentle heave of his shoulders. "Do you recall the first night you arrived in the library? I said before that the name of your home world was not recorded in any of the books nor archives; that you possibly came from a completely different universe."

I nodded. "I remember." How could I forget?

"I had believed that you were withholding some sensitive or crucial information about your world from me because we were strangers who had only met for a few hours. You may even be trying to protect your world by doing so. Hence why I let time determine our current relationship."

"If you are willing to disclose any information that serves as a clue to trace back to your homeworld, please speak now."

I duly glanced to the seven magical floating portraits behind him representing the Great Seven gleaming under the ceiling lights.

I reverted my gaze to the man.

"I'm from a world where the Great Seven are fictional cartoon villains in children and family films. The Queen of Hearts is a raging tyrant, the Sorceror of Sands is a lustful creep towards an underage princess, and the Beautiful Queen is not really that beautiful (in my opinion), much less sympathetic. But at least the Lord of the Underworld is hilarious with his humor, and the Sea Witch makes a great businesswoman. The Thorn Witch is very much an icon of evil and is super popular that she even got two live action movies about her as the main character, starring a popular actress. Also many people in my world (where only humans exist FYI) confess to have had a crush on the King of Beasts and question themselves whether they are furries to this day."