6. the book

Alec pov.

Im in the Sheriffs station with Malia and Stiles. They talk about The Chimeras while i keep thinking about Donovan last night i only slept for an hour because i was knocked out then i couldn't get back to sleep. I was once again in Stiles bed.

When the Sheriff put Donovan's photo on the board i stiffen. Stiles gives me a reassuring smile as they talk.

Stiles talks about how the kids were different and how they were special.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

We all stand around the table located in one of our homes with copies of 'the dread doctors' that Kira made at the library.

"My moms book club usually has more wine" Lydia says to lighten the mood. I just get out my phone and look for the recorded version. After about a minute and a half i give up.

"There's no audio book" i groan. We all grab a book and get seated. Im beside Stiles again.

Were on the couch with my leaning on his shoulder.

After about 20 minutes of reading i can't get into it. Ive always had trouble reading a lot at once but never told anyone.

"You okay?" Stiles asks with a smile.

"Fine. Just not good at reading" i replies since im only on the second page while he's on chapter 6.

"What page you on?"

"Two." I whisper making him look at me confused.

"Whats wrong?" He asks again but i just go back to the book.

"Are you...are you having trouble reading?" He asks in a seriouse voice.

"No. Im fine"i say again.

"Alec, your on the second page. Its been half an our. If your having problems with reading you should get an eye test." He says honestly.

"I can see the letters clearly its just they go fuzzy after a few sentences. Or they letters jumble together. I just need to take a few breaks here and there" i reasure him but he's still worried.

"Thats not bad. Lots of people have trouble reading. It could be dixlexia or wordblindness. Its fine if you do"

"Stiles. I really appetite it but im fine. I promise" he nods and goes back to the book. I look up when i feel somebody's eyes burning into my head and see Theo.

I give him a wave and he gives me a sad smile. He. Heard. Everything.

I go back to the book for another 2 hours. Im on page 5.

"Anyone feel anything yet?" My brother asks.

"Tired"

"Hungry"