Chapter 9: Sickness

The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?
~Edgar Allan Poe

I don't know how long I was sitting there minutes, hours maybe..
Just turning the bottle in my hand this little bottle of death
'THUD'
I froze quickly putting the bottle down on the table as I slowly got up.
'THUD'
Closer to the living room I literally ran jumping back on the couch waiting quietly...
Spencer trudged down the stairs yawning. Footsteps approached the couch then suddenly stopped "Sierra time to get up" he said patting my shoulder I slowly got up pretending to have been asleep "why so early?" I asked trying to sound sleepy "meeting, Morgan called me" he yawned pouring coffee in his cup then slowly he tiptoed over sitting down "what for?" I asked rubbing my eyes as my eyes darted around "They Found Another Body".

Nina Frann
Age: 27
She was found in a resident hotel's bushes on 2nd street
Injuries: Blood force trauma to the skull and her whole right hand was removed from her body,

"Where he put her, he clearly wanted us to find her" I heard talking going on around me but, I focused on the pictures
"The bone had a clean cut were the hand was"
Gory, God awful pictures

I stood up quickly
Spencer looked at me
"Are you ok?" He asked I stayed silent "Sierra?"
I ran out of the room
"Where's the bathroom?" I asked a woman typing on her laptop she pointed me down the hallway I ran down the hallway pushing open the door I plunged into the closest stall I could find. Emptying what was in my stomach I heard the door open "Sierra?" Penelope's voice echoed through the bathroom I sat next to the toilet my head in my hands "Awww" I heard her say before she opened the door. She squeezed in standing over me "What Happened, baby" she pouted bending down I looked up " I don't know" I coughed "the body I guess". I hacked and wheezed "Maybe I'm Sick" she crossed her arms then put one out towards me "let's get you clean up alright"

I smiled up at her "Thank You".