Chapter 2

Amy sat in her house watching the news. She felt as if she was in a tube and she was trying to break free. Her tube didn't even crack. The real her was trapped in her broken heart and can only be released by love. She feels hearbroken and lonely. The thought of suicide has crossed her mind many times but she kept telling herself her friends would be hearbroken and sad. She might be depressed but she couldn't bare the thought of hurting her friends. It didn't stop her from cutting though. She made a mark for every imperfection, each mistake. Her wrist burned and bled which stopped her from thinking about the emotional pain and focus on the physical pain. She just wanted the pain to be gone. She just stared at the T.V. her eyes empty with no light that used to shine there. Amy didn't want to feel again. She just wanted to be alright with no feelings of anything so she couldn't be crushed again. *knock, knock* Amy heard two soft taps on the door. She got up and opened the door and found Shadow. "Hey Rose." he said softly. She gave a small wave but no answer. "Can I come in?" Shadow asked. She gestured for him to enter. He came inside the house and entered her living room. When Amy closed the door she followed Shadow. Amy enters the living and is embraced by a crying Shadow. "Amy, I know you're heartbroken but don't give up on love. Somebody out there loves you. Trust me. Please don't give up on love. You're so empty. It's like you're here but it's just an empty shell left behind by the real Amy. I miss that Amy. The one who would light up your day with a smile. Eyes that would light up when she was happy. The one where no matter how crappy your day was or your life is, her laugh and hugs would bring you happiness. Where's that Amy? Where's my Rose. Please don't take her away from me. Please come back Rose. Please." Shadow begged. Amy stood there shocked not knowing what to say or do. She hugged Shadow back and rubbed his back hoping to give him comfort. She knew she couldn't go back to love. That would be torture. "I'm sorry Shadow. I can't. I-I just can't." Amy stuttered and ran to her room. Shadow followed her and stat with his back to the door. Shadow starts signing softly. "White lips, pale face. Breathing in snowflakes. Burnt lungs, sour taste. Light's gone, day's end. Struggling to pay rent. Long nights, strange men. And they say she's in the Class A Team stuck in her daydream. Been this way since eighteen. But lately her face seems slowly sinking, wasting. Crumbling like pastries and they scream the worst things in life come free to us 'cause we're just under the upper hand and go mad for a couple grams. And she don't want to go outside tonight. And in a pipe she flies to the Motherland or sells love to another man. It's too cold outside for angles to fly. Angles to fly. Ripped gloves, raincoat. Tried to swim and stay afloat. Dry house, wet clothes. Loose change, bank notes. Weary-eyed, dry throat. Call girl, no phone. And they say she's in the Class A Team stuck in her daydream. Been this way since eighteen. But lately her face seems slowly sinking, wasting. Crumbling like pastries andthey scream the worst things in life come free to us 'cause we're just under the upper hand and go mad for a couple grams. And she don't want to go outside tonight. And in a pipe she flies to the Motherland or sells love to another man. It's too cold outisde for angles to fly. For angles to fly. An angle will die covered in white, closed eye and hoping for a better life. This time, we fade out tonight. Straight down the line. And they say she's in the Class A Team stuck in her daydream been this way since eighteen but lately her face seems slowly sinking, wasting crumbling like pastries. They scream the worst things in life come free to us and we're all under the upper hand. Go mad for a couple grams. And we don't want to go outside tonight. And in a pipe we fly to the Motherland or sell love to another man. It's too cold outside for angles to fly. Angles to fly. To fly, fly. For angles to fly, to fly, to fly. For angles to die." Shadow stops singing tears running down his face. Amy is on the other side tears running down her face. She's holding her oath to her chest so she will not dare break it. "Goodbye Rose. Call me when you're ready to come back and I'll be here. Call me if you need something to love." Shadow says sadly. He walks out of the house tears running down his face, his head hung low, and his ears back.