Chapter 4

Amy walked down the streets mindlessly not heading anywhere. She let her heart lead the way without knowing it. Pretty soon she found herself at Shadow's house and sighed. She started walking when the door opened. She kept her head knowing he of all animals will recognize her. She just looked away as he came down the steps. "Hello." he mumbled. "Hey." she mumbled back in her fake voice. Shadow looked at her hearing the hint of his roses voice. He studied her. She had the shape of her. Her quills were the same style not the same color though. He saw a hint of pink on her face. She was Amy but not his Rose. She changed. "Oh Rose. Why? Why change yourself?" Shadow asked sadly. "I-I don't know what you're talking about. I'm Scarlet. Scarlet Red." Amy lied roughly. Shadow caught her lie. "Rose, I know it's you. You might fool some but not me. Why would you change yourself? You are perfect the way you are." Shadow said. "No I'm not." she muttered. She pushed her quills out of the way. Shadow saw some cuts and his eyes widened. "Rose, why would you cut yourself?" Shadow asked sadly. Amy hid her hand behind her back. "I don't know what you're going on about." Amy said shamefully. Shadow was sad again. "I just want my Rose back. Not Scarlet or Amy. I want Rose. I hope you didn't take her away forever." Shadow said sadly. "I'm sorry Shadow. I can't go back to the helpless fan girl that chased for that no good faker. I have to change to be whole again." Amy explained. Shadow shook his head. "But don't you see? You're not whole, at all. You're worse. It's like smashing a vase and then stepping on the broken pieces. You're worse Rose. You're not even Rose anymore. You're not even Amy. You're long gone. I miss the old Rose. I love her. I want her back. I miss her." Shadow confessed. Amy took a step back shocked that he loved her. The old her anyway. She looked away and Shadow sighed. "Chaos Control." he muttered and disappeared to the ARK. He went into his room and picked up a picture. It was Maria, Shadow, and the Professor. He picked up one of Maria. "Maria, help me." Shadow pleaded as he cried. Shadow had never cried so hard in his life. Shadow. Shadow jumped up at the sound of a familiar female voice calling his name. "Hello?" Shadow asked thinking he was hearing things. Shadow. It's Maria. I'm your guardian angle. You want your Rose back. Her heart has been poisoned. You need to fix it with true love's first kiss. Maria explained. "I need to kiss her?" Shadow asked. Not just a kiss Shadow. True love's first kiss. You can't just kiss her Shadow. It isn't that simple. If you want your beloved back you have to do as I instruct. Maria ordered. Shadow nodded listening intenlty. Shadow was going to get his Rose back no matter what.