Chapter 3 - The Relaxing Nights

Many of us have different interpretations on the definition of a relaxing night. For some, it is laying in the ever calm bath, the satisfying warm to hot water caressing us, that is what we have been longing for. It is like an old friend bringing comfort after a long and stressful day. It puts the mind at ease, relaxes the muscles and cleanses oneself. It is the type of friend that will come and go when self-reflection is needed. The water filling up as if it is a maid helping one get dressed. A suit or gown that one wishes to stay in the embrace of. 

However, when the plug is taken out, and one stays seated in the bath, the water undresses the body, slowly, like a gentle lover sharing a goodbye kiss, in hopes to see them again soon. The tiny petite water tornado like an entertainer in a bar. In hopes that someone, if anyone, will watch her and the talent that she bestows, even if it's for a short time only. But she would not have it any other way. 

At the end of the show, whether it be a hit or miss, she hangs up her coat and heads home, down the drain, into what appear to us, is unknown. However, to others, a relaxing night may define as a good book to read for an hour or two, a movie with the greatest company while eating the sweetest delicacies and sharing the contagious laughter that makes ones cheeks and stomach hurt with one another from stories that seems almost too outreageous to tell. Maybe it's listening to music when all of the world seems to fall silent. Music that contains thoughts, memories or feelings that one has, and keeps to themselves when they appear to be on their lonesome.

Maybe to some, it is the silence that steadies their mind out when they have had a day full of noise and rely on the night to give them the thing they are yearning for most. Or what they require most may be the reassuring embrace or conversation from a loved one who lay next to them or is elsewhere. Whatever it may be, each person needs to have their own relaxing nights because, without it, we would go completely and utterly insane. On a more personal note, I could not give better advice than to say that self-care is essential to each and every one of us.