Chapter 1 - The Beautiful Beginning Feeling

There is this feeling that I'm sure that we all (or most of us) are pretty familiar with. It is the abrupt moment that we encounter with a new person. It is the moment where it feels like everything physically stops for just a slight moment just to take in what you are seeing. Half the time, it is like a double take in a film where one person acknowledges the other, continues on with task but then instantly looks back and then that is when the "abrupt moment" occurs. What makes the moment even more abrupt, is the eye contact between people. In a way, the body freezes from the fact that eye contact has officially been made with one another. And so, the chance of it progressing on even further is a possibility at this point. Human interaction via speech. 

The moment that most of us, if not all of us, pray for on the inside if, at this point, we are visually attracted to the person. What we first do is we tend to look for signs at this point to see if the encounter should continue. The most helpful tool at this stage is the facial expression. When eye contact has been made, are they giving you smile? A frown? It is something to give us a signal or whether or not a conversation should be initiated. If there is a smile, it is usually green light to progress, the question still remains in the back of our minds, who, at this point in time, is the bolder person to initiate the conversation?  This is where the unfortunate "awkward silence" falls upon us. However, there are the select few of us where awkward silence was not an issue. It starts out with a friendly warm "Hi, Hey or Hello" from the other person.

But it doesn't stop there. The encounter can definitely get better. Throughout the conversation, we usually get more comfortable and we feel body get less tense by the minute and with that realisation, a smile is felt crawling from the pit of our stomach just to be placed on our mouth as we talk to this person. Our senses tend to heighten as well and we act like a sponge. For example, we are likely to pay more attention to what the person is saying and how it is being said and we take in what their expressions and reactions are to what we say as well. We are absorbing what we see, what we hear and how things react with one other. 

Then when all of that is acknowledged, we get this glowing warmth inside of us. One in which it spreads from the heart, resulting in feeling obliged to smile. It's like a firework wanting to go off with mixed emotions. Uncertainty, excitement, thrill and satisfaction. Satisfaction because we, as humans, feel we have achieved a goal. Indeed we have. The goal of human interaction. In all this, my dear friends is indeed a feeling. All in one. I myself like to call it "The Beautiful Beginning" Feeling.