Full Eclipse - Chapter 3 - The new scent

~~~~~ALL RIGHTS TO STEPHENIE MEYER~~~~~

~~~Renesmee's POV~~~

"I betcha that I will take down the biggest prey!" Jacob howled.

"yeah right," I replied, " just you watch!"

And I was off.

I headed one way, and Jacob the other. I smelt for a scent, and caught the scent of a large male elk.

I followed the scent, and I spotted my prey. I his d behind a large boulder, being careful not to be heard by the elk, but just as I was about to pounce, I caught the scent of something else. An unknown scent. I had never smelt it before, but I knew that there was a new vampire near me.

I stopped concentrating on the elk, and stood up, alert. I scanned all around me, twirling around in circles. I could see nothing.

I could hear the new person, getting closer, and closer. With every step the new scented immortal took, another step I took.

Then, "Jake," I screamed as that new scent jumped to seize me by the neck.

My blood started racing around my body. Who was holding me, I thought, "please come Jacob." But the grip on me increased every time I screamed for help, so I shut up, and hoped that someone heard me the first time.

~~~Jacob's POV~~~

Jake" somebody screamed. I recognised Renesmee's sweet melodic voice straight away.

I ran towards the cry for help, I couldn't let ness be hurt. I searched for Renesmee's scent so I could track her down. I found Renesmee's, but there was also another scent. A new scent.

I was racing to get to ness. If she had been hurt by anyone, then they would be dead meat.

When I came up to a clearing in the Forrest, I found Renesmee in the Center of the clearing, but she was in a threatening hold by another immortal. I wanted to charge forward, and kill the bloodsucker, but Edward stopped me before I could.

"Jacob stop," he ordered, and the rest of the hunters turned up, (Bella, Rosalie and Emmet.

I was glad to have the big muscly one-Emmet- because if this turned into fight, I would have his help.

"What's going on Edward?" I asked ergently, I didn't want to just stand around, whilst the love of my life was in danger.

But Edward didn't reply, he just spoke in a calm tone to the vampire that was threatening Renesmee.

I heard him ask:

"Kachiri?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I LOVED WRITING THIS CHAPTER, SORRY IT WAS SO SHORT, IT IS JUST A FILLER TO LEAD UP TO THE NEXT CHAPTER, I AM HOPING THAT THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE LONGER! AS ALWAYS, VOTE AND COMMENT!

THX

CRISPY XXXXXXX