Chapter 10

Percy POV

Finals are done so we have less than a month to prepare for graduation, today is students' day as the student council promised. I'm supposed to eat with my section but of course I chose my friends because they're my friends we have to make memorable memories while we still can. Specially we'll be studying in different schools.

"So, guys are we ready for student's night later?" Lenny asked.

They agreed. Oh yeah, we have this tradition that after the student's day we'll have student's night where we're going to party in the field sweaty and dancing. However, there is a condition, that you have to attend all the programs will be happening during the day.

After we ate, we still have time to go the next venue, we hang out in Lenny's classroom.

"Lenny, I have to tell you something." I said to her. I motioned to her to go outside. "Lenny, please don't judge me but I need to tell you since you're one of the people I trust."

"Percy, thanks but you don't have to do that if it makes you uncomfortable." She said sincerely.

"No." I took a deep breath. "I want to. I just need confidence."

She didn't speak and let me continue. "Do you know who's Emilyn?"

"Yes." She answered.

"Well, um I like... no I love her." I said hesitantly. I closed my eyes, and wait for her reaction. But she didn't have any instead she said.

"I'm so proud of you Percy." She said as she hugged me.

I never felt this warm, my eyes started to water but was able to stop it. Lenny is more accepting, she's more open than Grace. Lenny is a true friend.

"Thanks for accepting me Lenny." I smiled.

//

"Percy, where have you been?" Ms. Sarah asked.

I was late for attendance and the program is starting.

"Um, I'm with my friends ms."

"Why aren't you with your section? Don't you want to be with them?" She asked...she was mad.

I didn't answer her then she continued. "I can't let you come in the student's night." She said as she writes something on the paper.

I was shocked, I wanted to go so I could keep eye on Emilyn since its late I have to look out for her so lost my pride at that moment. "No ms. I'm sorry please let me join the student's night."

"I'm sorry Percy, but you were late. Not until you have a valid reason I cannot let you join." She said.

"It was a valid reason."

"I came out to my friend."

"I need someone to comfort me."

"I need to know if I'm doing the right thing."

I inhaled deeply. "There is ms. Sarah, but I cannot explain it to you here."

"Okay Percy, after the event come and talk to me."

I walked back to my seat beside Rose.

"What did ms. Sarah said?"

"She didn't let me join the student's night, even though this is my last one. Not unless I have a valid reason." I sighed problematically while looking at the performance held in stage.

"What would you say?" Rose asked

We stayed silent for a while. Emilyn was on the right, I just looked at her and smiled. "I'll just tell Ms. Sarah the truth."