Chapter |15|

Date published:

:::

[ "I know my worth
I paid dearly for every ounce of it." ]

:::

"We're here!" The tall bush loomed over the three, Naruto particularly was beaming. Sasuke looked around, and confirmed that it is, in fact, near the compound.

"Hey Dobe, did you ever find out what was beyond the path you took?" Sasuke took a step next to Sakura who was still panting, and took her elbow on his hands to make her stop leaning on her knees, his big brother said that it won't help at all.

"Yeah, it was this huge house that had this fan all around it." Naruto looked around the tall green wall in front of them, trying to see if the passage was still there.

"I think this path leads straight into the main mansion." Sasuke adjusted so that Sakura was leaning on him. He continued talking to Naruto. "You saw several oak trees lined up right?" Sakura mumbled a thanks, and Sasuke grunted.

"Yeah, so the path actually lead straight to your home?" naruto crouched down feeling a space from where he touched. "Aha here it is!" He stuck his other hand in and spread it to open a tunnel path, small enough to be covered but enough for them to crawl through.

"That's basically the gist of it, but let's be glad first that no one actually caught you walking around." Sasuke passed Sakura to Naruto who he helped crouch down.

Naruto went in first, next was Sakura and then Sasuke. The hole was cramped and everything was prickly, if you move a bit to the right, left and try to stand up, leaves will instantly pummel your face. The group crawled as the path gradually starts to loosed up. All the way, they swatted leaves that seems to be in-love with their faces, especially with Sasuke's.

Further down, was vines blocking the exit. Naruto went out first moving the vines making sure that he doesn't damage them or accidentally yank them out. He held out the vines so that the others could pass through. He was tempted to let go when it was Sasuke's turn though. But decided against it when he saw Sakura's face.

Naruto rearranged the vines as all of them sat around it. Making sure that no one could actually find the path unless they were looking for it. Sakura looked around, trying to figure out where they actually are. The first one to stand up though was Sasuke. He walked around the place, the entrance was hidden by the huge oak tree.

He went about the tree and then came back. By then Naruto was done and was sitting idly by Sakura waiting for Sasuke to come back.

"We're behind my home," Sasuke approached the two. "I'm gonna get my things," he looked at the direction of the house.

Sakura nodded, "sure, were gonna wait here." She looked at the covered passage and to Naruto who was still loitering around it. "Anything that we should get a heads up?"

Sasuke followed the line of her sight, and scowled at the blond boy when he saw him stuck himself back into the path with his butt sticking out from the array of vines. "Whatever you do, don't damage the flowers when you see them." He pointed at the oak tree. "My mother's growing them, and we are in our backyard where she plants. If you guys damage them, she's gonna think that Im playing again and ruined her flowers."

"Again?"

Sasuke grunted "Don't ask, point is I'm gonna get grounded and I won't be able to train with you guys again." His scowl deepened when he saw Sakura nod but Naruto snickered.

"Yeah don't worry Sasuke-teme, were just gonna stay here." Naruto looked at Sakura who nodded again at him. "And at the mean time, were gonna try and expand the hole. Right Saku-chan?"