Chapter 4: Yes or No

A year and a half ago Harrison had been told by his old friend, Nikki that his childhood crush, Nerris was at the same high school that he was going to. Nikki also told him of a plan to confess to Nerris. Harrison had always loved the girl but a year back, she announced to everyone that she was dating some guy named Barley.    

For the past year and a-half, Harrison had been scared to talk to her but he knew he was running out of time to confess. He remembered the plan, wrote the note, then stuck the letter in her locker. As Harrison walked away, he thought of only two things. One, was Nikki's plan going to work? Two, this was a very high school thing to do.

After school

Harrison waited for Nerris at one of the school benches, thinking that Nerris might not come. He was about to give up until he heard footsteps. The person came around the corner. . . it was Nerris! Harrison was happy to see her but was worried about what he would say.

Nerris just stood there but decided to break the awkward silence by saying something polite.

"So, what do you want to tell me?" Nerris asked. Harrison gulped and got all the bravery and courage he could. He sighed then began to speak.

"Well, you see." Harrison said as he rubbed his neck. "For a few years, well actually ever since we met at camp I've had a crush on you. You properly still hate me after all these years, but if you feel different about me, then. . . " Harrison gave Nerris a shy smile. Nerris blushed happily and knew where hes was going but it quickly turned into regret.

"Harrison, look. . . I'm sorry, but I have a boyfriend already. So  I'm sorry, but no." Harrison's shy smile faded. Nerris gave Harrison a quick hug then left him all alone outside the empty school. As they walked different ways, neither knew that they were being watched by someone.