//nine//

▪︎Grace's pov▪︎

Payton.

(you probably guessed that already)

I turned around now realizing how close we were. Our faces were inches apart. I could feel his warm breath on my face as we stared at each other. I don't know what's wrong with me but recently I've started seeing him in a new light that I never did before.

Before I knew it we were both leaning in closer and closer until..

"GUYS" I heard Maia scream.

Payton and I immediately backed away from each other and looked towards Maia.

"I FOUND THE BEST SPOT FOR PICTURES COME ON." She said grabbing my arm and running with me trailing behind. "Okay now tell me what the hell that was!?" She says once we were at a place where nobody could hear us.

"What do you mean?" I say not looking at her eyes.

"Oh don't play dumb Grace, I saw you guys. What was that!?" She says forcing me to look at her.

"Ugh fine so maybe we were about to kiss." I say.

"So you like him!?" She says excitingly.

"I don't know. Its just recently he's seemed different." I said.

"Different? In a bad way?" She asks.

"No different in a good way." I answer.

"You definitely like him!! Oh my God! You like Pa-" She starts before I slap my hand over her mouth.

"Be quiet!" I say taking my hand off of her mouth. "And I said I didn't know."

"Okay well when you decide to admit your feelings call me." She says as she walks away.

I don't like him..

A/N: Thank you guys for 4k reads!! That's unreal! Also obviously happy birthday payton. Finally updated I know, I hope you're proud.

thanks for reading <3