11

Consequences for my actions.

Luckily, Daisy wasn't seriously hurt. She only had a few minor bruises that the schools nurse was able to take care of. Unluckily for me, Principal Peterson wanted to see me in her office after school. After my last class for the day, I made my way to the Principals office. The secretary was the lady from the orientation. She had her black hair was in a French braid making her look younger than the last time I saw her and her white crisp top and a black penciled skirt outlined her figure. I told her I was to see the Principal and she led me into the office.

"The Principal will be with you shortly." She told me before leaving the room and me alone. Back at my old school I had only been sent to the principles office a handful of times and they weren't even for serious reasons. Principle Peterson had a really nice office space and a knee eye for décor. There was a painting of women with blonde hair seated on a lily pad and floating in the middle a lake she gazed into the distance with a blank look on her face. If I didn't know any better I would've sad she was sad or confused. Next to the painting stood a golden stool and on top it was a statue of little women in a circle and they were spinning around but were frozen. Her desk was perched in the center of the room and a few files decorated the top along with it was a black office chair. The knob of the door jingled and I looked at the door as it opened revealing the Principal and... Andrei? My eyes widened when they landed on him. What the hell was he doing here? The Principal made her way to her seat while Andrei took the seat beside me. This wasn't going to end well.

"Miss Clayton, thank you for joining me this afternoon." She said. I shit awkwardly in my seat before sending a shy smile her way.

"I didn't have much of a choice "I murmured lowly so she wouldn't hear me but I couldn't say the same for Andrei.

"I heard of your little accident earlier during PE and I decided that I would like to see you and hear your side of the story and considering if a punishment is in order or not." She said. From the corner of my eye I can see Andrei tapping his index finger on his forearm.

"Well you see. Our PE teacher decided that a one on one combat would be appropriate for the day's lesson and I was paired with Daisy Rose. The rule was best three out of four and she had already won by two. She trashed talked me a little but I guess that's a common attitude for fights, right? Anyway I guess I got pissed that she was beating me up that I just snapped. Honestly I didn't mean it." She nods her head thoughtfully and gets a folder from her desk and flips through the pages. She stops at a page and hums thoughtfully.

"I thought so. Andrei, according to this you were supposed to teach physical endurance today not hand to hand combat." Wait...What?!

"Well I thought they were ready for it. Clearly I was wrong and I apologize for my decision. It was wrong and immature of me." She folds up the file and slides it to the side.

"This school is a place that does not tolerate violence of any kind. Since this is your first time and it was during class I will let you off with a warning." I let out a sigh that I didn't even realize I was holding. That could've gone worse.

"You are to sweep the gym on Saturday and your supervisor shall be no other than Andrei Kavinsky. You may leave." I opened my mouth to argue back but clearly she was finished with the matter. With a sigh I slung my backpack over my shoulder and exited the room. That could've been worse.

When I returned back to my room it was empty. A note was stuck to, my mirror with Adela's handwriting;

I went over to the library. I'll be back before you no it.

Love Adela.

After reading the note I squeezed it in my palm and tossed it into the trash can. Since I was obviously going to be alone for a while I decided to take a shower and get started on my project for Mr. Klaus's class. The project was on Scylla a sea nymph that had her life stolen away from her by Circe, daughter of the sun. It's a pretty sad story really. I stripped out of my uniform before going to the bathroom and taking a long scalding hot shower. After my shower I wore my pink bunny shorts and a pink cotton top with a unicorn on it. I settled into the reading chair by my bed side and got out my books. Starting the project was easy. The story begun when Scylla got the attention of a man Glaucus who would do anything to gain her love but she never reciprocated. He asked Circe, the daughter of the sun to make him a love potion but Circe had fallen in love with him so she switched the love potion with a potion that would turn the fair nymph into a creature that she herself couldn't stand the sight of. Poor Scylla, she lost her life because of a man she didn't even love. Honestly to me the whole story sounded a bit bizarre except it actually happened. Everything that is thought in this school is brought about through hard research by different half breeds. Take Homer for example he was a half breed but his ancestry was a bit more difficult to trace than most. I wrote down my thoughts concerning the story after writing the story. About an hour later I had finished my project and Adela still wasn't back from the library. I felt stiff to the bone and decided a quick power nap was in order. I closed my books and pushed them to the side before getting up from the chair and moving to my bed and lying down. I fall into nothingness once my head hits the pillow.