18

Flower shop and Love.

The next day I woke up due to the blinding rays of the sun seeping through my window. I let out a loud groan before throwing the duvet off my body and making my way to the bathroom. After my shower I picked out my outfit for the day, a flower print blue dress with blue pumps. When I went down to the flower shop Granny was handing an elderly couple a bouquet of orchids. When the couple left the shop Granny started preparing a new order.

"Good morning granny" I greeted making my way to the side of the counter to where granny was standing. I placed a kiss on her forehead before taking over the order she was preparing.

"Morning Cookie, did you sleep well?" she asked placing a kiss on my cheek and making her way around me to the top cabinet where the ribbons for the flowers are kept.

"I slept alright" a realization suddenly pops into mind.

"Where's mum?" usually every morning mum was he first person to get up. she would go and tend to the flower garden at the back of the shop but the door leading to the garden was still locked and she was no were to be sighted.

"Your mother had a few errands to run, she'll be back in an hour or so." Granny says nonchalantly before getting another order ready. Our flower shop was called SWEET AND LOVELY; it was popular enough around town and we made enough to keep the shop and the apartment above the shop. We grew our flowers at the back of the shop. After we both finished our orders Granny let out a tired breath and placed her hand on her hips.

"How does this look cookie?" Granny asked. I turned my attention to the bouquet she had just finished. It was a lovely combination of Red Tulips and Gerber Daisies. This particular combination had a beautiful meaning to it, the Red Tulips had a romantic meaning to them they are almost as useful in representing romantic feelings as the red rose but not as strong, while the Gerber Daisies mean cheerfulness, to be happy this combination is usually ordered during wedding anniversaries or a birthday of a loved one. The combination was perfect and so was Granny's arrangement, I'm sure whoever ordered them would be pleased by them.

"They are perfect Granny. When is it getting picked up?"

"In a few minutes, the owner of the flowers is Mr. Smith he's been ordering flowers from the shop for about a month now, always the same order." She says making a face.

"Oh."
"yeah oh, anyway he always comes to pick them up by himself but he wont be able to make it today so he's sending his brother in law to pick them up" she tells me. She reaches for her phone on the counter and scrolls through it with a worried look on her face.

"Cookie I have to go check on your grandfather, the neighbor just texted me"

"Is it serious?" I asked. My grandfather was a sixty seven year old man who loved nothing more than getting in trouble bigger than a man his age could handle. His constant trouble making always made Granny leave him and come stay with us until he does something incredibly stupid which has to send her back. This has been their routine for the past eleven years and I have no idea if they have both noticed the abnormality of things.

"I hope not, for his sake. Anyway, can you watch the shop while I'm gone? Mr. Smith's brother in law will be here any minute and I would hate for him to not get his order on time."

"No problem Granny, just hurry back quickly okay?" she gives me a smile before removing the apron around her waist and hanging it on the wall before heading upstairs, she arrives a few minutes later in a different seat of clothes and her hair pinned up.

"I'll be back in a couple of hour's okay cookie?" she gives me a quick kiss on my cheek and leaves the store. When she's gone I let out a sigh and return my attention back to the next order on my list. Thirty minutes later the bell above the front door jingles signaling that someone just entered into the shop.

"Good morning and welcome to Sweet and Love..." my words got caught off when I saw who just entered the shop because standing before me was Eric Carter dressed in a blue T shirt and jeans and a pair of black and white Nike shoes a slow grin overtook his face when he saw me and I silently begged for Tartarus to open up and swallow me.

"Fancy meeting you here, Zen." he says slowly as a sly grin overtook his features.

"I didn't know you lived in Florida" I say brushing away a stray strand of hair from my face.

"I don't, I'm spending the mid term with my sister and her husband. I'm actually here to pick up an order. I think you'll find it under Mr. Gabriel Smith." He said and then it clicks, this was Mr. Smith's brother in law Granny was telling me about. I quickly fetched the order from the shelf and handed it over to him ignoring the pleasant shivers I felt when our fingers momentarily brushed.

"Don't I need to pay?"

"No you brother in law already did so when he made the order."

"Oh." Eric looks like he wants to say something but the thinks better of it and instead asks

"Do you live close by?" he asked

"I actually live upstairs in the apartment." I told him which seemed to make him grin wider.

"That's good to know" and without another word he left the shop. It wasn't until the door of the shop closed I was able to calm my beating heart.