CHAPTER 11

CHAPTER ELEVEN

At exactly one o'clock Nma entered Lawrence. A top restaurant and she glanced about looking for Eva. She spotted the girl walking towards her with a big smile on her face and dressed in deep blue skirt with nice white shirt that hung on her body displaying her perfect curves. As always, what Nma noticed first about a person was how they dressed. She knew that how a person dressed somehow told much about the person and she was impressed by Eva, she looked effortlessly alluring, Nma thought guilelessly.

"Hi dear" Eva smiled when she got to her

"Hello, it is really nice seeing you and thank you for inviting me" Nma replied smiling back

"Have you been waiting long?" Nma asked

"No, I just got here, there is our table" Eva pointed

Eva led the way and Nma followed her to a table with a nice view.

"I know you really thought I was a bitch when we first met" Eva began as they sat down.

Nma wanted to deny that fact but decided against it. Honestly she thought the girl was a snob and not a bitch, and she still did, not without reason. She felt Eva was only being friendly with her because of her brother.

"You weren't exactly friendly when we met but I didn't think you were a bitch, a snob would be nearer to it"

"Well, it's just that when Uche said he was bringing someone new to the party, I really wanted to see this person he talked about so eagerly and when I saw you I was like, this is another Angela" Eva explained.

"You seem very protective of your brother"

"I know I shouldn't be but I can't help it. I feel like if I let him alone, he would get hurt again. Being Uche Okoha he is exposed to schemers and gold diggers, these women are expert in their craft. They deceive men with a show of love, play of emotion to blind the man and get what they want. Men can be fools at times and my brother with all his intelligence is no exception"

"My father taught me, when you see two people attracted or in love with each other and you feel they are wrong for each other, don't blatantly oppose it otherwise you would only end up bringing them closer together. They would feel like it is us against them but if you leave them alone, it might just fizzle out" Nma replied.

"That is true anyway but I didn't come here to worry about Uche's love life anymore, now that I'm getting married you can take over" Eva joked.

"That would be an enormous job" Nma replied jovially.

The arrival of waiter silenced them.

Eva ordered fried rice and chicken with vegetable salad while Nma ordered pasta and croaker with vegetable salad and they both decided on locally made fruit punch which was restaurant's specialty

"I brought the paper in case you didn't have time to buy it" Eva began immediately the waiter left.

"Oh, very thoughtful of you, I haven't even had time to look on social media" Nma explained.

Eva handed Nma the paper, Nma slowly unfolded it almost tentatively. Then with more zeal she shook it open, she saw Uche and herself on the front page, covering the whole page with the caption, Billionaire Uche Okoha in secret hot romance. The caption was not important; it was the picture that took her breath away. They looked like two people besotted with each other completely and it shocked her. No wonder everyone was interested. She eyed her shorts that was almost indecent and the top that covered her well but molded her form, and on her feet where brown Hausa slippers, which matched her brown braids and she was looking up at Uche with adoring eyes, Uche was towering above her in his casual clothes. He was looking down at her with a smile and his hand around her waist. They looked like some couple of models from a glossy magazine