Thirty Rotten Scoundrels

Episode 1: Thirty Rotten Scoundrels

JoJo's POV

Feeling the sand under my espadrilles as we're walking into this compound thing has me bubbling in nerves and excitement at the same time. I see Challenge vets like Cara Maria, Camila, Leroy, Jenna, Kailah. Veronica, a Challenge OG is standing not too far from me, and I try not to freak out because she was just on my TV before, and now I'm standing near her.

Looking around I see his apparent alliance members, who I watched last season, TYB, Cory and Nelson. I start praying to whoever would hear me for him to not be here, but lo and behold, he's right there, Hunter Barfield, my ex best friend, and former crush. He cut all ties with me, and I moved on from it. Next to him though, is someone who has been my Challenge crush for the longest time, Johnny Bananas. He saw me looking at him, and sent me a wink, making me turn away and blush, while he chuckled at me.

We were lining up on the platform, the most awesome host in TV history standing in front of us, TJ Lavin. I took a peek, left and right, and down on the sand, to see who I'm competing against and then look at TJ, wondering how the season's going to play out.

"Welcome, everybody, to the beautiful Cartagena, Colombia. This marks the 30th season of The Challenge."

"Yeah" someone says in the group.

"Usually, this is the part of the show, where I say, 'you guys are looking good', 'bunch of good competitors', well, not anymore." He says with his usual smirk.

"Right now, I'm looking at the shadiest, most unpredictable, conniving, and cunning players we could find, but above all, the most downright dirty." He finishes, which has everyone looking around in shock, and then a few cheered.

"With that being said, I'd like to welcome everyone to The Challenge: Dirty 30"

We all give a round of applause, some hooted and hollered.

"Look around, no one can be trusted. You guys are backstabbers, master manipulators, you've even been deceitful enough to steal money from your opponents." After he said that, everyone looked at Johnny, who was just smirking (which I thought was kinda sexy).

Bananas' Confessional:

We're all here for a reason, and The Challenge has a way of bringing out the worst in people. There's nobody in this house that I'm gonna have trouble cutting their head off as soon as I can, and really not feel bad about it.

"For that, I say good job" while clapping his hands.

"Now I know what dirty players love, and that's money!" everyone started cheering after hearing 'money', making gestures of getting the dough, and all that shit, and I just shake my head.

"So how's $350,000 sound?" he asks us, and we all cheer. I clap along, but I have this gut feeling that I shouldn't trust even TJ when he said that. Like, this is the 30th season of the Challenge, I would've expected something big, but hey, money is money, so I'll be taking it by the end of this.

"Make no mistake about it, no matter what, you are alone in this game." which has all of us nodding.

"Trust no one, 'cause you never know what's gonna happen. See you guys." He ends, which has us clapping and then start moving towards the bus that would lead us to our villa.

~~~

This villa is gorgeous. There's the logo of the season out front. We run towards the inside of the house where everyone's trying to get a room with who they like. Luckily, I was one of the first out of the bus, so I got a really good room, and when I plopped down on the bed after dropping my luggage, I see Cory entering the room. Hunter sees him and then me, and then says "Yo, Cory, let's find another room!", which Cory agrees to, and leaves.