Chapter 23

Three days later, in the early morning right before dawn struck. Zuko had her duffel bag and school bag ready to leave the house. Though her first stop of the day made her dread the thought of leaving the comfort of her home.

"If anything happens I'm one call away Zuko. I gave you a new phone for a reason you know!" Hana reminded as she stood between her daughter and the exit. "I know, Mom. The minute I have a change of heart, you're the first person I'll call." Zuko reassures.

Instead of being dressed in the typical UA uniform, the teen was given permission by Nezu to wear her navy hoodie and white long sleeved shirt and grey sweatpants as long as both pieces had the UA insignia visible. Though she left the hoodie un-touched. This gave Zuko the extra reassurance she needed to walk back into school.

"You sure you don't want me to go with you? I know how much you hate the police station." Hana worries, gently caressing Zuko's cheeks. "I've got it. After all, I can't let that bitch of a detective wait any longer." Zuko embraces Hana with a soft smile.

"I'll come back better than this. I love you."

"I love you too, be safe baby." Hana kissed Zuko's temple before getting out her way.

Let's get on with this...

꧁꧂

Sitting in an uncomfortable metal chair, Zuko wrote down her statement of what had happened whist waiting for Naomasa to enter the interrogation room. "Zuko Fukushima. Good to see you alive." The girl sat unfazed with her arms wrapped around her torso.

"Let's get on with this, I have a dorm to set up and friends to return to." So it seems miss cold hearted and aggressive Zuko has joined the chat.... Naomasa notes as he took a seat across from the teen. Sliding the notepad towards himself, the male began to skim through Zuko's statement. "Lets start with the attack; you're statement says that you were with Midoriya, Shoji, Tokoyami, Todoroki, and Bakugo before you were captured. Correct?"

"Yes." Zuko confirmed as her gaze was trained on the detective's hands.

"Did you see you're kidnapper?"

"No, I was given a sedative and blacked out." It's written right in front of you, why do I have to rethink all of this?

"When you first woke up, what was the first thing you saw?"

"Bakugo. He was tied down to a chair." How could I forget that? Of all things...

"Last I recall, you are very capable of making you're way out of ties. Why didn't you this time?" Now he's making this sound like I'm suspicious, fucking bitch...

"The sedative hadn't left my system, I was barley abled to move my head. Let alone my hands or feet." Zuko sneered. I can't believe I came here, I should've just ignored this hoe...all he's doing is making it sound like I'm a rat!!

"Are these the villains who were there?" He pulled out profile shots of most of the villains at the bar.

"You're missing Dabi." Zuko pointed out. -Shit! Dumb bitch! Why'd I say that?? Zuko mentally panicked.

"You know one of the kidnappers?" Naomasa questioned with a raised eyebrow. What is she hiding?

"Dabi and I have known each other for years. We just haven't kept in contact since I got into rehab." Zuko shrugged. I have no reason to lie, but if I say anything stupid, Dabi might pay the price....I'm not gonna let that happen....

"Do you have any idea where he, or any of these villains could be right now?"

"Nope."

"Really now? So you have a history with two of the members but have no idea where they are?" The male didn't believe her for a second. Someone at UA is a spy and Zuko is my top suspect....