Chapter 2

I missed school for the first time in my 14 years of living. The police kept coming to question us about Lindsey. It was obviously murder. All the blood in her body was gone, but there were only two small marks. When I saw them, I suggested it could've been a vampire. Past experiences led me to think this, but everyone just laughed and said they don't exist. No one ever believes me.

     My head snapped back to where I was. The shower. Where the water just turned freezing cold. I shut the water off.

     I walked into my room and walked towards my closet. Lindsey's the only one in my family who has a job, since I'm only 14. She's 28 and works as a lawyer. She was the one that paid for all the bills and, behind my dad's back, bought me clothes that aren't hand me downs. I kept telling her not to but she does anyway. So it was a good thing she knew my favorite color was black, unlike everyone else who think it's pink.

     I pulled out a black dress and black flats. I placed it onto my bed and changed into a green tanktop and capris. I walked into the bathroom and stared at myself in the mirror.

     Everytime I look in the mirror, it just makes me feel like I don't belong in the family. Lindsey had her orange hair in a pixie cut and freckles all over her face. She got that from her mom, my dad's first wife. My Mom and Dad both have beautiful blond hair and they all had brown eyes. They weren't too tan or too pale, unlike me. I stared at myself, my pitch-black hair was matted to my paper white skin. My face was free of all pimples or freckles. My hair went bit lower than more mid-back and my bangs went a little bit into my dark red eyes. I'm the black sheep of my family. I also get made fun of a lot because of my looks.

     I grab my hairdryer and turn it on, hopefully Dad won't wake up. As i dried my hair I thought of some reasons why no one believes me when i say vampires exist. 'One, they're mythical. Two, no one has ever seen them. Three, adults think it's riduculus. Hmmm....they are good reasons. Dang it!'

     Once I finished drying my hair, I debated on wheter or not I should curl it. Then I remembered that Lindsey used to curl my hair often. I walked out of the bathroom without a second thought.

     The dress wasn't too loose or too tight. It stopped below my knees and the sleeves were short. It's spooky ho Lindsey knows my exact size and I've only told her once before. I caught a glimpse of the sky through the window and saw gray clouds everywhere. I walked back over to my closet and pull out my black umbrella.

      I heard the door slam close. I roll my eyes at the fact that Dad was still impatient.

     I walked out of the apartment, with a bouquet of roses in my hand. I headed towards th cemetary, time for the funeral.