Chapter 5

"Hi! You must be Rose, right?" a preppy woman asks me. I only took two steps when she appeared from behind a wooden door. She has orange hair and blue eyes. Her pink t-shirt is covered with paint stains and she's wearing a long purple skirt.

     I nod. Officer Jane left. "I'm Victoria. Nice to meet you!" She said while sticking out a hand covered with paint. The paint was red so I shook it. I didn't care about getting paint on my hand as long as it wasn't yellow. I shivered at the thought of getting something yellow on me.

     "Come on, I'll show you to your room. Not many kids live here so you get your own room!" She said and pulled me upstairs. "And here we are!" I was surprised to see my name was painted into the door, they must've know I was coming. It explains why this was so sudden, when my dad was found guilty, they already knew I would be going to the orphanage.

     The room itself was pretty plain. Just a white bed, a small closet and the walls were white.

     "Don't worry about how boring it is, you can decorate it yourself, we just didn't know what you liked!" Victoria says while rubbing the back of her head. "It's fine."

     "Well, I'll leave you to unpack and take a shower. Dinner's at 8:00 so I'll come to show you where the lunchroom is!" she says and shuts the door. I look at myself, I do need a shower.

-------------------------

     Sorry, I had this typed out, just forgot to post it. School started and I've been busy.