Chapter 1

How could this have happen? Of all people, why her?

     I stared up at the ceiling realizing I had to get ready. I carefully got out of bed, making sure not to make a sound. I walked into the bathroom and took a shower.

     My thoughts wandered to three days ago.

     "Lindsey, I'm home!" I yelled, while shutting the door to our tiny apartment. I hear glass shatter, "Be quiet, dang it!" Oh great Dad's home.

     "Sorry I thought you were still at the bar," I said. My dad doesn't have, what do you call it...parental factors. He's always drunk, doesn't have a job, and has horrible hygiene.

     "Anyway, where's Lindsey? Is she working?" I asked. I walked into the living room and stared at him. He looked so different from all those photos of him and Mom. His short blond hair is now long greasy, and falling out. His teeth used to be pearly white, but they are now brown. He also has gained a few pounds.

     Since, my dad is like this, I avoid him at all costs. Lindsey's the only one in my family that cares about me, considering I don't have any other relatives, and my Mom left us two weeks after I was born. Even though she's my stepsister. I love Lindsey like a Mom. So my whole world fell apart when I heard his reply.

     "Lindsey's not coming home, she's dead!"

     Apparently, Lindsey was found dead in an alley that morning.