{Chapter 1}

{Chapter 1}

The minute she opened her eyes, she immediately regretted it. She didn't know which part felt worse: the blinding lights shining down on her or the ridiculously intense pain at the back of her head. However, once she managed to focus enough, she was greeted by a pair of expectant light green eyes on a pinkette head. There was also a blonde girl with a pair of icy blue eyes gawking down at her, though she leaned a lot closer to her face, making her incredibly uncomfortable.

"Hold on a minute! I think she's finally awake!" Another girl spoke, but her voice still sounded distant. "Hey, can you hear me? Do you understand anything I'm saying?"

"Ino, I'm not sure yelling at her like that is the best idea," the pinkette scolded her with a frown.

"But what if she has trouble hearing us?"

"Well, if she did lose her hearing for some reason, yelling wouldn't help anyway."

"Who... Who are you?" She asked, her voice sounding softer than she had anticipated. She couldn't even remember the sound of my own voice?

"It's alright, just relax," the pinkette told her, as she ignored her and sat up on the hospital bed she was on. "Hey, you may want to take it easy for a while. You were out for days."

"Out?" She frowned, grasping the back of her head with her hand, trying to fight off the pain. "Where... where am I?"

"You're back in the Hidden Leaf Village, silly!" The blonde said with a giggle.

"Hidden Leaf Village? What even..."

"Woah, she really did hit her head hard this time."

"Please, tell me the last thing you remember," the pinkette told her, looking genuinely concerned.

"I..." She tried to look for an answer, digging deep into her mind, but she couldn't come up with a single thing. She couldn't remember what happened, where she was, who she was with or... Or even who she was. "I can't remember. I can't remember anything."

The pinkette sighed heavily. "Then it's worse than I thought. We need to let her family know immediately."

"My family?"

"Don't look at me, Sakura! You try telling Hiashi Hyuga that his daughter is an amnesiac now," the blonde defended herself immediately.

"An amnesiac? What even..."

"It's alright. You're going to be fine," the pinkette reassured her with a smile.

She wanted to believe her, but how could she, when she couldn't even remember her name? Who even was she?

~🍥~🍥~

Hinata Hyuga.

Apparently, that was her name. Or so they had told her. It didn't take long after Sakura and Ino (that apparently was the other girl's name) to contact who they claimed was her family, and for them to appear urgently.

One of them was an older man, who she assumed to be her father, the famous Hiashi Hyuga. Mr. Hyuga was accompanied by a younger girl, supposedly named Hanabi, who Hinata inferred to be her sister. Even though they both appeared agitated, they didn't come off as particularly concerned about her lack of memories, only about the fact that she'd apparently failed some mission.

"Like I told you before, Mr. Hyuga. Hinata's memory appears to have been damaged from the hit. It could take a while for her to remember everything that happened leading up to the attack," Sakura explained patiently for what felt like the millionth time. "We must be patient and see. For now, she should get some rest."

"What am I supposed to tell Lord Sixth?" Mr. Hyuga shook his head. "The embarrassment..."

"The important thing is that she's going to be fine. Right?" Hanabi questioned Sakura, hoping to remind her father about why they were truly there. Sakura simply nodded. "Well, then, let's take you home, Big Sister."

Hinata was very impressed with her home. There was a familiar feeling about it, but still, she couldn't remember anything. It was truly frustrating, having to rely on other people's input to have the slightest clue about anything. But at least, she was fairly comfortable for now and she was confident that she'd be out of any danger for now.

Her room was nothing like she thought it would look like. Sure, she didn't really have a clear idea about what it would look like anyway, but it managed to surprise her nonetheless.

It was a quaint room, with a medium sized bed pushed next to a white wall, positioned right under the only window. It appeared to be spotless from what she could tell. So I am quite a neat girl, aren't I?

She also noticed a basket filled with wool and many knitting supplies such as some scissors, needles and even some finished garments. She frowned, picking up a particular red one that seemed eerily familiar, although she couldn't pinpoint why.

"Oh, that scarf," Hanabi's voice slightly startled her from the doorframe. Hinata gulped loudly as her sister walked towards her with a smirk. "You've been obsessed with finishing it for the past few weeks."

"I made this?"

"Yeah. You knitted everything in there," Hanabi replied, nodding to the basket. "It's one of your favorite things to do, other than cooking, training and swooning over your boyfriend."

"Boyfriend?" Hinata frowned, feeling slightly flustered.

She had a boyfriend? It shouldn't feel that surprising. However, every new bit of information about herself felt like a bombshell right now.

She couldn't help but imagine what he was like. Maybe tall? Dark hair? Hopefully, he was handsome. But also, nice. Maybe he was an extraordinarily skilled ninja! Maybe he was stealthy, clever and mysterious.

"Oh, yes. You do," Hanabi replied, rolling her eyes with annoyance. "And he's all you ever talk about. Actually, he's all you've ever talked about."

Hinata felt herself blushing, imagining what this man must be like. She didn't really know much about herself at the moment, but surely, her taste must be good, right? If she'd been head over heels for this guy for so long, surely he was a proper gentleman.