11. eden is afraid of giants. well, this one in particular.

Asking for one thing to go right on this quest was apparently pushing it

Asking for one thing to go right on this quest was apparently pushing it. Almost immediately, the plan failed. While Piper scrambled along the ridge and kept her head down, Leo, Jason, Coach and Eden walked straight into the clearing. Jason summoned his golden lance. He brandished it over his head and yelled, "Giant!" It sounded pretty good to Eden, seeing if she was in that position she would've been quieter than a mouse and said something along the lines of "Give us the man and we'll leave," or possibly even just "Oh sorry, wrong place, We'll leave!"

Enceladus stopped chanting at the flames. He turned toward them and grinned, revealing fangs like a saber-toothed tiger's. "Well," the giant rumbled. "What a nice surprise."

Coach Hedge shouted, "Let the movie star go, you big ugly cupcake! Or I'm gonna plant my hoof right up your—"

"Coach," Jason said. "Shut up."

They probably should've left coach at the bottom of the mountain. Or at Aeolus'. Or at Midas'. Or Madea's. 

Enceladus roared with laughter. "I've forgotten how funny satyrs are. When we rule the world, I think I'll keep your kind around. You can entertain me while I eat all the other mortals."

"Is that a compliment?" Hedge frowned at Leo. "I don't think that was a compliment."

"Coach." Eden gritted her teeth and didn't look away from the giant. "It was not a compliment."

Enceladus opened his mouth wide, and his teeth began to glow. "Scatter!" Leo yelled.

Jason and Hedge dove to the left, while Eden and Leo dodged behind the bulldozer. The giant blew a blast that could've rivaled Apollo in hotness.

While Leo started running to the right, Eden ran to meet with Jason in his charge to the giant. 

Coach Hedge ripped off his canary yellow jacket, which was now on fire,and bleated angrily. "I liked that outfit!" Then he raised his club and charged, too.

Before they could get very far, Enceladus slammed his spear against the ground. The entire mountain shook. The shockwave sent everyone sprawling. 

Eden flew into Jason's chest as they smacked into the other side of the clearing. "Oh- I'm so sorry!" She scrambled off of him. 

Coach Hedge was knocked out cold. He'd fallen forward and hit his head on a log. His furry hindquarters were sticking straight up, with his canary yellow pants around his knees. 

The giant bellowed, "I see you, Piper McLean!" He turned and blew fire at a line of bushes around were Piper was.

Piper ran into the clearing like a flushed quail, the underbrush burning behind her.

Enceladus laughed. "I'm happy you've arrived. And you brought me my prizes!"

This had been what Piper had warned them about. For a moment Eden really thought they had been betrayed- that the girl dropped Jason and Leo into the enemies hands. Why they didn't want Eden was past her. Maybe Gaea didn't know she existed, just like anyone else.