New Story {1} - Edited.

Sammie's POV:

“Hey Sammie.” I looked up and saw my two best friends, Jake and Andy, coming over to me.

“Hey guys.” I greeted them.

“I can’t believe we’re finally sophomores now.” Andy was saying, while I started to shove my backpack into my new locker. It wasn’t really as packed as it might be in the next few days, but I was still having a pretty hard time.

“I can’t believe that we actually spent three years together and it’s about to turn into four,” I added, my voice sounding a little struggled. “Time sure does pass by real fast when you’re having fun.”

“Amen to that.” Jake grinned.

Jake noticed what I was up to and finally gave me a hand with it. I slammed the locker shut quick, before it could tumble back out again.

“Thanks.”

”So Sammie Wammie, what’s on your schedule for this year?” he asked me then.

“Well, Jakey Wakey, since it is Monday, I have: Math, Science, English, Lunch, Gym, Geography, Social Studies, and then Spanish.” I informed him.

“I’ve got: Math, English, Science, Lunch, Spanish, English, Geography, and Italian,” Jake replied. “What about you, Andy?”

“Hey, how come I’ve never gotten a nickname from you guys?” he asked.

“Um, how about…Andy Wandy?” I suggested to him.

I heard Jake chuckle from next to me and I turned to punch him.

“Don’t laugh; it’s mean.”

”It’s alright,” Andy smiled. “Anyway, I’ve got: Math, Science, French, Lunch, Gym, Geography, Social Studies, and finally...English."

“Ok so, we have first period together and some other classes, I think, which isn’t much, but better than nothing. And we still have the same lunch period, which is awesome!” I clarified, going over each of our schedules together.

"I wonder who else will be in our homeroom class," Jake mused. "The lovely Abby or the even lovelier Sarah?"

As Jake went on and on about the whole list of girls he wished were in our class, I could only think of one thing: Most friends were separated at some point of reaching high school, but Jake and Andy and I were able to keep ours strong for one whole year. And I was determined to keep it like that for the next three years, but I knew that that was a little close to impossible.

"Well, I for one, am glad to at least have my two best friends with me." I remarked.

"Me too." Andy agreed.

I gave him a smile. "No one has, no is, and no one will ever come between us." I stated.

"That's real cute," Jake commented. "You come up with that yourself?"

"Hey, the cutest words always come out of the cutest girls." Andy told him.

"That's right!" I stomped my foot and pumped my fist in the air. Jake stifled a laugh and I punched him in the shoulder. "Now, shall we get to class?"

"We shall." the two chorused together.

We hooked arms and headed towards our homeroom class together. I could already tell that this new year was going to be something we'd never forget. How right I was about that.