New Story {4} - Edited.

Sammie's POV:

After Jake was all done with his gasping and panting, he stood up straight and finally noticed the thin, long object in my arm.

"What are you going to do with that?" he asked warily.

"What do you think I'm gonna do with it?" I questioned.

"Oh no, Sammie, you wouldn't." This time it was Jake who was starting to retreat.

"Oh no?" I mocked, cocking an eyebrow at Jake as he had done similarly to me. "Try me, boy." I teased.

"Hey, it is the only way to get all that dirt of your clothes." I heard another voice say.

I looked away from Jake to see Andy jogging over to us. He must've run all the way here. The only reason he got this far in that little amount of time was because Andy was also a part of the track team along with me. There weren't too many people who actually enjoying running in various weather conditions or sweating overall, so we were part of a co-ed team. Andy's been running since he was twelve, but he's stopped a few months before school started this year. I always wondered why, but never asked.

"Alright, fine!" Jake huffed. "But, don't you dare think of messing my hair up."

"Andy, could you possible turn on the water for me, please?" I grinned at him.

Andy obviously got my meaning, because he grinned broadly back at me. "Sure, Sammie; I think I possibly could."

I giggled and then turned back towards Jake. He titled his head and winked at me. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. That was Jake and I for you, we could always speak a thousand words with a few simple signals. Jake was obviously saying something along the lines of: Doesn't my hair look ever so sexy? while I had replied back: Ha! You wish! I've seen so much better and that too on guys who weren't even trying!

"Oh, Sammie, Sammie, Sammie," Jake muttered. "You never cease to disagree with me, do you?"

"Oh, Jakey, Jakey, Jakey, I guess I just don't," I countered back. "Are you ready for a surprise?"

Before Jake could even open his mouth to ask, a burst of water came pushing through the hose faster than you could say my full name; Sammie Aliah Saxena. Boys found it cute to call me Sexi Sammie, but that just earned them a slap.

Anyways, I used all my strength to pull my arms over my head, so the hose was directed towards Jake's face. The water hit it with a hard force that knocked him backwards. Jake managed to stay on his feet and had his arms in front of his face. I jumped up and down, laughing excitedly.

In all my excitement, I didn't notice Jake slipping past me until he was right behind me.

"What did I just say?!" he yelled in my ear.

"Sorry," I grinned. "I couldn't hear you over the noise of the water!"

"You know damn well I said it before all that damn water came out!"

I feigned shock. "Ooh, touchy touchy, it seems Jakey Wakey's started cursing already. What's next? Fights, intoxication?"

"Oh, I'll show you what's next!" Jake grabbed the hose from my hands before I could react and started spraying me in the face with it.

"Ah!" I squeaked. "That's cold!" The water had fully drenched my clothes as well clogged into my ears, nose, and mouth.

"Well, then now you know I felt!" Jake retreated the hose and held it close to the ground.

I was just about to grab the hose from him when I accidentally slipped on the mud and water on the ground. Jake easily caught a hold of me and our eyes locked. He grinned and I blushed.

Yeah, remember that little tidbit I had mentioned about how wrong it would be if we started falling for each other? Yeah, that so doesn't count anymore! I had found myself falling fast and hard for Jake this whole year. He was growing taller, stronger and his features were developing handsomely.

I probably could've stayed in that position with Jake like that forever, if a voice hadn't cut through right through.

"Hey, Jake." It was a voice I recognized very well.

"Hey, Eliza." Jake replied, immediately looking away and dropping me in his hate.

Elizabeth Anne Jones used to be the roundest girl I've ever known and now here she was the evilest, most popular, and good looking girl. She was constantly tortured all through middle school and had no friends; one day I decided I had enough of all that and went out and helped her. Now, she didn't even give me a second look back. Now that she was pretty and thin, and wanted by every single guy in our high school. She had fun extracting revenge on all those that hurt her and was extremely nice to the guys that didn't. The only two guys that were never nice to her was Jake and Andy. She hardly ever remembered Andy's name and I was just invisible to her; it was all Jake she wanted.

I decided that after Elizabeth - no, I'm sorry, Eliza - I was never helping anyone else become popular ever again! And especially if they were trying to steal my Jake away from me afterwards.

Gritting my teeth and trying to keep my anger from getting the best of me, I balled my hand into a fist and pounded it against Jake's leg. He was still frozen with a broad grin on his face.

"Huh?" he looked down at me. I glared back at him until he realized just what I was waiting for. "Oh, sorry."

He held his hand out and I grabbed it, using it to pull myself up. I stalked over to where Andy was and stood next to him. He wrapped his arm my shoulders, as always and we waited to see just what the girl wanted.

"Hey, so I heard you were invited to Alex's party on Friday." Eliza was saying as she twirled a piece of her chocolate brown hair in her hands.

"Oh yeah, that's right." Jake stared at her.

I wanted to go over to those and promptly mention and remind them that all three of us were invited, not just Jake, but Andy held me back, knowing that it wouldn't change anything. Eliza would just pretend we weren't there and Jake wouldn't even notice what with Eliza standing in front of him looking like a goddess.

"Well, I just wanted to say I can't wait to see you there and..." Eliza swung her hips left and right.

"And?" Jake prodded.

"And I hope you'll save me a dance?"

I didn't think Jake's smile could get any wider than it already was, but of course, I was wrong.

"Of course!" he guffawed, then stopped and cleared his throat. "I'll see you there."

"Great! See ya."

"Yeah, see ya." And then Jake did the unthinkable and leaned in and kissed Eliza right on the cheek.

A cold feeling rushed through me and it wasn't just from the wind that had picked up and was making my soppy clothes flap around and against my body. I tried not to look as if what Jake had done had bothered me, but it was just so...unusual.

No girl had ever even talked to Jake before and he was never asked to save a dance for them. This wasn't supposed to be happening. We weren't supposed to be invited anywhere Friday night! But, things haven't been the same since IT happened.