New Story {11}

Sammie's POV:

Flashback:

My mom and dad have always wanted a son, well, my dad has anyway. The reason why he wanted a son was because he never left you, he remained in your house with your wife and whatnot. And they also never change their last name, which I think is like totally unfair! Girls are just as important as guys, you know!

Anyway, after I was born, dad hardly ever even looked at me. Guess I wasn't special enough. So, I did the only thing I could, I tried to make dad like me. First, I started playing sports and acting like one of the guys, I even wore boy clothes and talked like them. But no, that wasn't good enough. Mom told me to just be myself. I remember mom and dad got into a lot of fights over that.

I stopped wearing the boy clothes and talking like them, but I just loved playing sports, I just couldn't let them go. My favorite sports were: basketball, skateboarding, soccer, and of course, running track. Most of my friends were guys, I've never really had friends that were girls. So, I never really wore make up and talked about nails and cute guys and stuff. But, dad still wasn't satisfied.

He and mom tried to have another child, but when it didn't work. And decided just to forget about it, because he was afraid they'd have another daughter. So, dad picked the second option, adoption. Which was actually the third option, because the second was to remarry. And if that happened, I don't think mom could ever live with that. So, adoption it was.

I begged mom not to do it, but she was powerless. What dad said was final. I didn't want an adopted brother, because I knew what would happen. He would get everything he wanted and be treated as if he was a prince and I would be treated as the pauper. He'd probably be a spoiled brat.

One day, mom and dad went out to go get me something special on my birthday. I was turning 11. They came back around 7:00. And when they came inside the house, they looked all happy.

"Sammie, say hello to your new brother." mom said, grinning happily.

"Wait, what?" I asked.

"She said say hello to your new brother." dad repeated, grinning even wider.

"I know what she said, but you said you were getting me a special gift." I was so upset, I was almost about to start crying.

"This is your special gift."

"This isn't a special gift, it's the worst gift I could ever get!"

"Now, Sammie don't talk about him like that." mom scolded.

"Don't you want to see him?" dad asked.

"No thanks!"

"Uh, hi." I heard a guy's voice say.

I looked up and saw a boy with black hair and blue eyes. He was actually kinda cute, oh, what am I saying?

"So, Sammie what do you think?" dad asked.

"I think I'm gonna go!" I brushed past my 'special gift'

"Where do you think you're going, young lady?"

"I'm going to Jake's." I answered.

"I do not like you hanging out with those boys." he doesn't like me hanging out with or doing anything."

"Why not? They're my friends. Jake and Andy care more about me than my own father, they don't care if I'm a boy or a girl!" dad looked so mad, like he was gonna explode. But, I was just as angry.

"So, then I guess you won't mind if he sleeps in your room." dad said calmly.

"What? No way, I have like private stuff in there!" I protested.