New Story {16}

Sammie's POV:

Flashback:

I soon woke up when I felt someone shaking me, when I opened my eyes, I saw Sandy hovering over my face.

"Hey, you must be hungry, you've been sleeping for a while." he said.

I nodded and sat up. "What time is it?" I asked.

"Almost eight."

I got up from the bed and started walking to downstairs, when I heard something from mom and dad's room. I went over to the door and saw them arguing. I pressed my ear against the door and stained to hear what they were saying. I figured out they were arguing about me. Great, what'd I do this time?

"It's her fault, that's why Sandy couldn't take his test." dad was saying.

"She got hurt!" mom cried.

I stopped listening. I didn't want to hear what dad had to say about me. And I was tired of mom arguing with dad for my sake, I was sick of it all! I went back to my room and saw Sandy lying down on my bed. I sat down on my bed and Sandy looked up.

"Hey, I thought you went to go get something to eat." he said.

"I'm not hungry." I replied.

I felt numb all of a sudden, what was I going to do? Sandy put his hands on my shoulders and turned me around.

"What's the matter?" he asked.

"I don't know." Sandy put his arms around me.

"Are you alright?"

I just shrugged my shoulders. I laid down on my bed and Sandy left me alone. I didn't sleep, but I pretended to when mom came to check up on me. I thought about this, about my situation. Mom and dad are always fighting. And it's always about me. Never about anything else. Why am I always at fault? Why am I always the one whose wrong?

I set my alarm clock to 2:00 and when it rang, I quickly shut it off. I wasn't asleep anyway. After thinking for very long, I have decided that I am... running away! Then all the problems will be solved, no more arguing over me, just happiness. I'm the one who belongs in the orphanage, not Sandy.

I got off of the bed and opened my closet doors, I started packing a black and red suitcase, which I took out from underneath my bed. I only took important things with me like: clothes, shoes, hairbrush, shampoo, soap, and a big load of cash. I also packed a picture of me and my friends. I wanted to take a picture of Sandy, but I didn't have a picture of him.

The bag got real heavy, it was really hard for me to trudge it down the stairs without making any noises. Once I got downstairs, and let me tell you it wasn't easy, I walked past mom and dad's room and to the living room. In front of the door, I saw a dark silhouette. Who could it be at this time? The shadow walked forward and I saw it was... Sandy. Oh great!

"So, where are you goin? Jake or Andy's?" he asked.

"Neither," I answered. "I'm running away."

"Really? And where do you plan on going?"

"To an orphanage, maybe someone will adopt me. Someone who doesn't care if I'm a girl and that I'm gonna leave them after marriage or change my name." I tried to go around Sandy, but he blocked my way and he just continued talking.

"Sammie, come here, let's talk." he said.

"No, because I know that you're gonna try to stop me from leaving, but nothing can change my mind now. Nothing at all!" I replied.

"Look, just hear me out first, then you can leave if you want to, I won't stop you."

"Fine."

Sandy sat me down on the couch and sat down next to me.

"Do you know how many people would miss you if you left? Mom, dad, Jake, Andy, me."

"Dad wouldn't. In fact, he'd be happy if I left. He doesn't love me, I'm the perfect son! I'm not perfect at all!" I could feel hot tears streaming down my cheeks.

"Oh, so you're still upset about that." Sandy stroked my hair and brushed my tears away.

"How can I not be?" I asked, looking up at him.

"Ok, look forget about this. I'll talk to dad, I promise. You just don't worry, go back to sleep."

I shook my head. "I'm not tired."

"Ok, then how about we talk?"

We walked upstairs and into my room. I sat down on my bed and Sandy did too.

"What do you wanna talk about?" he asked.

"I don't know. Tell me about yourself." I suggested.

"Alright, what do you wanna know?"

"Um, what's your favorite color?"

"Green. Yours?"

"Blue." blue was also Jake's favorite color.

"I expected that." Sandy chuckled slightly.

"What do you mean?" I asked, curiously.

"Well, you act like such a boy, so blue must be your favorite color."

"Ok, what was your real name?" I was curious to know this.

"I don't know. The people who worked at the orphanage never gave me one."

"Oh."

I couldn't think of anything else to ask, but then I got one.

"Do you have a girlfriend?" I asked.

Sandy laughed before answering, "No."

"Why?"

"I just don't."

"Want me to get you one?"

"No, it's alright."

"Alright."

I wonder what type of girl Sandy wants, then I could get him a great girlfriend.

"Do you?" he suddenly asked.

"What?" I looked confused.

"You got a boyfriend?"

"No, I'm only eleven."

"So, you're never too young for love," Sandy replied. "Lemme guess, you like Jake."

"What? That's so not true?!" I tried hard not to blush.

"Oh yes, you do!"

"No, I don't!" I hit Sandy with a pillow and he hit me back. We had a pillow fight for a while and then we started talking some more, when I finally fell asleep.

***

"Is that end of the flashback?" Lucy asked.

"Yep, sorry." Auntie S. answered.

"Why? What else happens?" Andrea asked.

"Well, they get closer, Sammie tells him her problems and crushes and stuff."

"Oh."

"Well, it's really late, you all should get to sleep."