Chapter Twenty-Two

.....Earth's POV........

"Charioteers!" Tantalus shouted. "Attend your mark!"

He waved his hand and the starting signal dropped. The race begins.

From behind, I see the Apollo chariot get flipped over. The Hermes chariot slammed into it. The riders where thrown free, thankfully, but the horses continued to race forward and soon ran into the Hermes team horses, leaving their chariot to flip too.

Already two chariots down.

I glanced forward at Percy. He was Concentrating on driving. We were making good time, pulling ahead of Ares, but the Athena chariot was way ahead of us.

The Hephaestus chariot was starting to gain on us, too.

Beckendorf pressed a button, causing the side of his chariot to slid open.

"Sorry, Percy!" he yelled. Three sets of balls and chains shot toward us. I quickly pushed them aside.

Smiling, I shoved the Hephaestus chariot away.

"Sorry, Beck!" I called out, sending the dumbfounded teenager a wink.

"Good work, Earth!" Percy yelled. I nodded, but my glaze rested on the woods. The birds had risen from the trees and were spirling like a funnel heading straight for the track.

"Birds!" I cried out. Percy's head shot to me.

"What?"

I pointed to them.

"It's probably nothing!" He yelled back. I shook my head. Something was about to happen. Something bad.

...................................

Its a lot less words because I've been overseas and left my book at home. I finally came home. So that is why the chapter is shorter and late. Please enjoy thou. The next chapter will be longer to make up for the lost of words on this one. Have a good day/night!!

-Nevy