Final Chapter: Ben Solo

Ben raced through space as fast as he could. He knew that Poe told him not to come, but Anakin's words rang in his ears. This was his last stand, after this he would face justice for his crimes. It was all worth it to save Rey and the Republic. Once he arrived at Coruscant, it was easy enough to land and jump out, considering the capital was in all out war right now. He noticed several blades of Jedi already joining the fight, the red blade of Darth Caedus and a black blade fighting Tsavong Lah that Ben didn't recognize until he got close enough to realize that it was Finn. Ben ignited his grandfather's lightsaber and did his best to work his way to Finn.

Helping out several guards and soldiers felt nice, but most of them gave him a double take before shaking their head and running to a different part of the battle. Ben was on a different landing pad than Finn was and after trying to reach the door with no luck he decided to just force jump across the gap and pray that he didn't miss. After deflecting blaster shots fired at him from some Black Sun soldiers, he ran and jumped as far as he could. He made it easily and then shook himself off. Ben looked over to find Finn and found Finn running at him.

"What are you doing here?? You could get caught! Still, now that you're here your help will be nice. Tsavong Lah is out of the fight. We lost one Jedi already, we need to go help Alastor with Caedus!" Finn was clearly out of breath and injured.

"No, I'll go help him. Go check on Rey, I need to know she's ok." Ben put his hand on Finn's shoulder.

Finn nodded. "Ok deal. I'll be back as soon as I can to help." He took off back toward the building and left Ben in the middle of the warzone.

Running over to help Jedi, Ben started to run faster when he noticed that the Jedi that Finn called Alastor was on the ground disarmed. He jumped to meet them and swung his saber to stop Darth Caedus from cutting Alastor in two.

Caedus sneered at him. "Look, it's the savior. The bad boy turned good. Where's my sister? I'm ending this right now."

Ben pushed him back and stood defensively. "I'll never tell you."

Darth Caedus laughed. "I know she's here and I know she's giving birth. I'm going to kill you. Then I'll find her and finish off her and the newborns. No one will stand in my way."

Ben charged the sith lord and they clashed. He knew this was important, he had given himself away to the Republic and he knew that even though he was helping them right now that they would still arrest him.

Ben pushed Caedus with the force and tried to use that advantage to take him down. Caedus was quick enough to block his attack. They started to move back toward the building and as they moved the sith lord slashed down anyone who got in the way of their duel, Republic or Black Sun. When they had moved into the building, Darth Caedus looked at Ben and shot lightning out of his hand. Ben blocked it and was slowly pushed back.

"You're weak Ben. You had everything. You turned it down. It's sad. But I thank you for giving me the title of the dark lord so easily." Darth Caedus taunted him.

Ben winced as the force lightning pushed him back and occasionally lashed him in the face.

"No, I had the guts to leave the chains that the dark side gives us. I am free." Ben shoved the lightning back and Darth Caedus lost control. Ben lunged at him and they continued to move down the hall. Making it into the main hall the two force users were getting tired and angrier. Looking at him, Ben noticed that Darth Caedus's eyes had completely turned the bloodshot sith yellow. Ben looked and noticed Finn running down toward him. Ben pushed Caedus away and snapped out of the battle mode to look around. The Republic had successfully pushed back most of the attacking armies and there was only a handful left defending their sith master. Ben took a deep breath and charged one more time. Before he could make it there Darth Caedus force pushed him across the entire room and out the front door. He rolled down the steps and stopped himself last minute on the last step.

Darth Caedus casually walked out of the building and walked down the steps, his lightsaber at his side. Ben stumbled to his feet and raised his saber back up. Finn ran outside and joined Ben in trying to take down the sith lord. The two Jedi were doing a fine job. Clashing with the two Jedi, Ben could start to notice slight panic in Darth Caedus's eyes. Using this to his advantage, Finn feinted Caedus and Ben swung his lightsaber up and slashed through his hand, cutting it in half and breaking the lightsaber. Darth Caedus fell on his back and rolled to get up quickly. He backed up and fell off of the edge near them and was picked up by the retreating Black Sun in the process. Ben and Finn sighed and deactivated their lightsabers and looked at each other for a moment. Finn started to laugh and then Ben joined him. The two grabbed each other in a big hug.

"Rey's ok. She gave birth to all 3 babies fine, which Marie says rarely happens. Everyone's ok."

Finn assured Ben.

"Thank you Finn. Tell her. Tell her I love her." Ben sighed.

Finn looked at Ben confused. "What do you mean."

Ben looked past Finn and pointed at Poe walking towards the several guards. He gave Finn the skywalker saber and smiled sadly. Poe made it to him and hesitated.

"Ben Solo. You're under arrest for crimes against the galaxy. You will stand trial and a verdict will be reached after a trial." One of the guards walked past Poe and handcuffed Ben. The guard looked at Ben with disgust.

"Do you have any last words traitor?"

Ben looked at Finn and Poe sadly, and could barely keep tears from streaming down his face.

"I never got to see my children."

The End

To Be Continued...