Caught

"Alright, let's break for the last set!" the photographer yelled.

A huge smile spread across Adrien's face as he rushed to the changing tents. Now he could call Marinette again. She was so sweet, taking her time away from the party so that he could be included. He would have to do something to pay her back.

Once changed, he went back over to his seat and was about to pull out his phone when he recognized a blue-haired boy in the distance.

Luka was walking across the park. Adrien was surprised to see him there, this was certainly a strange place for a delivery. And he wasn't even carrying anything.

"Hey Luka" he called out, but he was already too far away to hear him. He figured that he should go talk to him. After all, Luka was dating Marinette, and she was one of his closest friends.

"I'm just going to say hi to someone" Adrien told his bodyguard as he went through the barrier around the set. "I'll be right back."

His bodyguard grunted in reply.

Jogging after him, Adrien was about ten meters away when he stopped dead in his tracks. He watched as Luka went up to a girl and wrapped his arms around her, kissing her on the lips.

Adrien's mouth fell open. That was not a 'friend' type of kiss. That was a full on make-out type of kiss.

The girl was a pretty brunette with long wavy hair. She didn't seem surprised by the kiss at all. In fact, she very happily kissed him back.

After they were done locking lips, Luka and the mystery girl stayed close, their arms still around each other as they talked. When they broke apart they walked hand-in-hand to a bench and sat down. Luka put his arm around her shoulder. Then the girl took out her phone and showed him something on the screen.

Adrien was frozen in place. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. Marinette's boyfriend was right in front of him with someone else.

Why would anyone ever cheat on Marinette? She was so sweet and nice. And smart and funny. Not to mention absolutely gorgeous.

Anger washed over him as he watched the couple. Luka was hanging all over this girl. How could he do that to Marinette?

Adrien casually made his way closer to them, making sure to stay out of direct eyesight. He just wanted to get close enough to hear what they were saying. Luckily there were plenty of people walking around so he could blend in. Eventually he made it behind the bench they were sitting on.

"What about this one?" Luka asked, pointing at the girl's phone.

"That movie is fine with me. But my mom doesn't want me out too late and it doesn't start until nine. Why don't we go tomorrow instead? We can go right after school" the girl suggested.

"Tomorrow's actually not good. I have to work."

"Ugh, you've been working so much lately. Tell your boss that you need a break" she told him.

"I'm sure things will slow down soon" Luka assured her. "You know I can't stay away from you" he said, leaning in and kissing her cheek.

The girl laughed. "Alright, well how about we see the movie on Tuesday then? And we'll just go to dinner tonight?"

"You're going to make me wait all the way until Tuesday to get you alone in the dark?" he asked playfully.

She laughed again. "You're so bad!"

"Don't pretend that you don't like it" he said before pulling her in for a kiss.

Adrien couldn't take it anymore. He took out his phone and snapped a few pictures of the kissing couple.

"I love you Victoria" Luka said once they broke apart.

"I love you too" she replied. "Now come on, let's go eat. I know a really great sushi place nearby." She stood and pulled him up by the hand. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder as they walked away.

A million thoughts raced through Adrien's mind as he slowly went back to the set.

What was he going to do? Should he call Marinette and tell her what happened? She would be heartbroken.

Should he just keep it to himself? After all, this really wasn't any of his business. And who knows, maybe they had one of those 'open' relationships where they were free to date other people. Maybe Marinette already knew what was going on.

No, that couldn't be it. Luka wouldn't need to lie if that were the case. He told Marinette that he was going to work. And he told Victoria that he would be working the following day when he had plans to meet up with Marinette. So he was lying to both of them.

Adrien came to a decision. He would have to tell Marinette. She was far too wonderful to have to put up with an unfaithful boyfriend. She deserved someone who would treat her like the princess that she was.

Even before he could sit down in his seat, the photographer called him over for the final shoot.

************************************

After about forty-five more minutes they were done. Adrien went to the changing tents to put on his own clothes. Then his bodyguard led him back to the car. Once they were driving, he finally called Marinette.

She answered the call smiling. "Hey, I thought we had lost you."

Adrien stared at her for a moment. That beautiful smile, on those beautiful lips. Why would anyone want to kiss someone else when they had Marinette? "We're all done with the photoshoot" he explained.

"I'm sorry that you didn't make it to the party. Everyone has already left. It's only me and Alya still here."

"Oh no, it's fine" he said. She was so sweet.

Her face dropped a little. "Are you okay?" she asked. "You seem upset or something."

He wished that he could tell her. But he couldn't. Not over the phone like that. He had to tell her in person so he could be there for her. She deserved at least that much.

"I'm tired" he lied.

Marinette gave him a small smile. "Well, go home and get some rest. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

Adrien nodded. "I'll see you tomorrow. And thank you again for calling me. You're so wonderful."

Her face blushed red. "It was nothing, really. I just hope that next time you can be here."

"Thanks Marinette" he said softly.

She smiled again. "You're welcome. Have a great night!"

"You too" he replied before hanging up.

She really was too wonderful.