Truth

Adrien had a stomachache when he got to school the next morning. He was going to tell Marinette what he knew. She didn't deserve to be in a relationship with a guy who was cheating on her.

And she looked stunning that day. That gorgeous smile, those beautiful bluebell eyes, her luscious dark hair. Luka shouldn't be sneaking around and kissing other girls. He should be bowing down and worshipping the ground that Marinette walks on.
Any guy would be lucky to have a girl like her.

He waited until the end of the day. As soon as their last class ended, he turned to her. "Marinette, I need to talk to you about something" he said hesitantly.

"Of course" she replied. "Hey, I'll meet you guys outside" she called out to Alya and Nino as they were leaving.

When they were alone in the classroom, Adrien moved up close to Marinette. He opened his mouth to speak, but the words didn't come out.

She looked at him confused. "Is everything okay?"

He shook his head. "Marinette I need to tell you something, and I'm afraid that it's going to make you upset."

Her confusion increased. "Alright" she said slowly.

"The thing is..." he started, putting his hand to the back of his head. "Last night, Luka told you that he had to leave the party to go to work."

"Yeah" she said, still confused.

"Well, when he left the party, he um... he didn't go to work."

Marinette tilted her head. "What do you mean?"

Adrien took a deep breath. "I actually saw him at the Eiffle Tower. That's where my photoshoot was."

"Oh okay" she said. "He probably just had a delivery near by."

He shook his head again. "No Marinette, he didn't have a delivery. He, um... he met up with another girl."

Marinette's face completely changed. Any trace of a smile was gone. She paused for a moment before speaking. "What are you trying to say Adrien?"

He felt absolutely horrible, but he had to continue. "Luka is cheating on you."

Silence. Adrien tried to read Marinette's expression, but he didn't know what to make of it.

"Why are you doing this?" she asked quietly.

"Marinette, you deserve to know what..."

"Why are you lying?" she interrupted him.

He reached out towards her but she stepped back. "I'm not lying" he said softly.

"Yes you are" she argued, tears coming to her eyes. "He wouldn't do that. He loves me."

"I... I'm sorry" he said.

She stared up at him. "I need to go" she finally said, turning towards the door.

"Please Marinette, I can prove it to you."

Marinette froze. After a moment she turned back. "How?" she whispered.

Adrien took his phone out of his school bag. He pulled up one of the pictures and then handed it over to her.

She kept her eyes locked on him as she grabbed the phone, silently pleading with him to admit that he was lying. Gathering up all of her courage, she finally looked down at the screen.

She closed her eyes as soon as she saw the picture. Sinking down to the floor, a quiet sob escaped from her lips.

Adrien grabbed her and guided her down until they were kneeling. Then he put his arms around her and held her tightly. "I'm so sorry Marinette" he whispered.

She cried into his chest. "How could he do this?" she choked out in between sobs.

"I'm so sorry" he repeated, using one hand to stroke her head.

Marinette continued crying for a few minutes. Eventually she pulled back from the hug to look at the screen again. The tears were still falling down her cheeks.

"Her name is Victoria. Do you know her?" Adrien asked gently.

"No" she whispered.

Marinette took one last look at the picture and handed the phone back to Adrien. Then she put both hands up to cover her face.

A second later she suddenly gasped and lowered her hands back down. "Oh my gosh, he's supposed to pick me up today. He's probably outside waiting for me." She started hyperventilating. "What am I going to do?" she asked.

Adrien put a hand to her face and lifted her chin up so she would look at him. "Marinette, just breathe. It's okay. I'll go out there and tell him to leave."

"No" Marinette said, shaking her head. "No, I need to hear it from him."

"You don't have to do that" he said.

"Yes I do" she replied weakly, staring into his eyes.

Adrien slowly nodded. "Okay. I'll take you outside." He stood up, helping Marinette to her feet.

"Can you send me that picture?" she asked once she was standing.

"Of course." Adrien quickly pressed a few buttons on his phone and a second later they heard a chime from Marinette's purse.

She pulled out her phone and checked. "I got it" she said, putting it back and using her hands to wipe her face.

When she was ready, Adrien grabbed her hand and guided her out of the classroom. They went downstairs and through the courtyard.

As soon as they stepped outside Marinette saw Luka on the sidewalk. He was looking down at his phone. She quickly turned to face Adrien. "He's here" she said, starting to panic again.

"You don't have to do this. I'll tell him..."

"No" Marinette said, determined. "I need to."

Adrien nodded. She nodded back. He reluctantly let go of her hand as she turned and started walking down the steps.

Luka looked up and noticed her when she was two meters away. A big smile crossed his lips. "Hey beautiful..." he started to say before Marinette came up and sucker punched him in the face.