Chapter 3: Little Cutie

The spring day opens with the same gentle pace as the new blooms. The petals burst out from lower down the branches leaving the tips still in tight bud. The blooms on the avenue are already out to herald springtime

The grass is a soft green that almost has a hint of blue and in the sky is enough pristine white cloud to show you how beautiful the sky was, how perfect. The concrete of the path was warm under the child's bare feet and she was glad to be free of the confines of her running shoes

A young and adorable child poked his head out the back door and yelped.

A handsome man came running to his aid.

This man had a beautiful face with delicate features, his porcelain skin seemed silky smooth. The expression on his face was indifferent, and the colour of those tightly closed lips was luminous. His eyes brows were curved like a rainbow and lips were rosy pink. The ink black hair flowed down his pack like a painting

He had a tall and slender frame; the hands exposed outside his broad sleeves also looked like they were carved from a high-quality white jade. Under the sunlight, the man's frame appeared to have been covered with a faint layer of halo. He looked like a banished celestial from heaven.

He wore a business suit. The business suit was silky and smoot. It was dyed to a uniform shade of bleak grey. Above white-collar line it was as if his face had been fashioned from those inky dots. On his collar a brochure was worn, a small cherry blossom made of gold.

He exuded sexiness, professionalism, and elegance.

"What's wrong bun!?"

"It's the flowers, daddy, they have buds! I can see some pink through the green!" He turned, beaming, eyes wide.

The male sighed in relief. A smile blossoming on his face like a flower in spring. It took on that expression he always wore when he wanted to encourage his son but had been pulled away from something important. He was in an online conference but had to go check on his son quickly.

"Okay how about we go inside. We go inside now. You have school in an hour and you wouldn't want to exhaust yourself. Has the nanny fed you?"

"Yes mama."

*I will refer to him as either mama or dada in this story. When he meet the love interest then it'll be mama.

"C'mon let's go in and get you changed and ready. I need to quickly wrap up the meeting before I take you. Okay?"

"Okie dokie!"

The child grasped his mother's hand and dragged him inside to the large manor. The two walked up the spiral of intricate wooden staircase.

Parting ways. Jie went to his nanny to get ready and Li went back to his office to resume the meeting.

The office was painted in light hues. Making it a warm environment to work in. Family portraits hung on the war adding a sense of familiarity. There were children toys and items set to the side for whenever his son wanted to pay a little visit. On the table sat an animal tape holder and pens. It had only one floor-to-ceiling window, which faced the main road. It allowed streams of light to filter through adding a warm glow. On the baby blue wooden table sat an expensive desktop computer, a notebook lying open, and a stack of papers sitting under a turtle-shaped paperweight.

In a corner, the air conditioner which was set to low, and there was a swivel chair in the middle of the office. It was made of leather and coated a midnight black. A bookshelf sat to this side, books aligning it neatly, all in an orderly fashion.

There was a small chair next to his desk for his son and a leather couch to the side that was extremely comfortable and seem to be able to suck you in immediately.