act twenty

"Come on hurryyy!" Sana yelled while dragging Tzuyu across the fancy entrance.

"It's literally 7 in the morning. What do you expect from me, a lap dance?"

Sana rolled her eyes. "Well don't sound so excited and keep your dirty thoughts to yourself, babe."

Just then, Lisa walked in with Jennie, hand in hand, with the cheesiest smiles plastered across their faces. Chaeyoung trailed behind them, looking like she hates life with a burning passion.

The squirrel looking girl was quick to fix her tie, wanting to impress her boss.

Tzuyu however, froze in place.

You can imagine the shock painted over Jennie's features. "T-Tzuyu?"

"H-hi..."

Sana's brows dipped in confusion. "Do you two know each other?"

Jennie flashed a small but sad smile. "We used to."

----------

Sana had passed the job interview successfully, while Tzuyu failed, due to the fact that she only spoke a total of 2 words. Which were: "hello" and "goodbye".

After the duo left, Jennie was left alone with Lisa.

Her eyes trailed down to Lisa's wrist, grinning when she sees her favorite teddy bear bracelet. However, her smile doesn't last long. It never seems to these days.

Lisa held her hand with a serious expression.

"I... feel like I owe you an explanation. You're right, when I broke up with you that other day... it wasn't for no reason."

Jennie's face distorted into a frown. She wasn't ready for what Lisa was about to say. In all honesty, she never will be ready.

She'd fully committed herself to this "blossoming relationship", or, at least she thought it was blossoming. She thought Lisa would be different. Lisa wouldn't hurt her, unlike all the girls in her past...

Right?

Lisa wouldn't do that.

RIGHT?

Jennie felt her stomach churn uncomfortably

Lisa's glum expression was utterly unsettling. Jennie felt her nails digging into her palm, her knuckles flushed into a pale while color.

Please Lisa... don't do this. Don't hurt me.

Lisa hesitantly met Jennie's burning gaze. I love you Lili. Don't say it. Please Lis. Say you love me too. I'll give you the world. Please don't hurt me.

The taller girl felt her heart clench at the sight of Jennie's glossy eyes. She looked as if her world had slipped out of her hands.

Lisa inhaled sharply. Jennie's eyes were red, trying her hardest to choke back a cry. I'm sorry Jennie... You have to know the truth. I hate lying to you more than anything.

"I'm in love with someone else."

Jennie could practically hear her own heart break.

----------

Chaeyoung sat on her bed in silence. Lisa isn't home yet, and she doesn't know what to cook for her. Therefore she only had the choices of ordering takeout, or simply not eating at all until the Thai girl gets back.