2: A New Friend

That was the day Tanjiro and I met and became friends. He was a year older than me, but I acted like a protective older sister around him. Then there was something happened that made our friendship drift apart.

As always the mountain was completely covered in a thick sheet of snow, and it was a cloudy day making the sun harder to see behind the thick clouds. Tanjiro, Nezuko, and I were all playing in front of the Kamada's house. We all had lots of fun playing in the trees nearby and chasing after each over.

At some point in the game I ran out too far into the trees and I didn't see the steep slope that was only a few steps away from me. I was careless and ran straight over the ledge. I screamed as loud as I could. Nezuko and Tanjiro heard my screams and ran up to the edge and looked over.

"(Y/n)! Are you ok?!" Both Nezuko and Tanjiro yelled. The snow around me had saved my fall, but I still managed to hurt my ankle to a point where I could hardly move it.

I then called up to them: "Yeah I'm alright!" Both Nezuko looked at each over. "We'll go get help!" They began to turn to run back home. "Stay where you are!" And without a second later both their heads disappeared.

I got into a comfortable sitting position, so my ankle didn't have too much weight on it. There was a strap on my waist that held my handmade daggers. I had gone to the village's blacksmith to make real daggers since I had a lot of control over my wooden one's.

My thoughts were distracted by my ankle, but I could just hear the sound of snarling coming from not to far off. Looking around I couldn't spot anything in the woods ahead. The snarling continued tho. 

This made me nervous. "(Y/n)! Are you alright down there?!" I looked back up at the edge of the slope and saw Kei Kamada. Tanjiro's mother. 

"Tanjiro is going to the village now to get help!" I only half heard what she said since the snarling had become louder and was approaching. Again I looked around frantically, trying to find the source of the sound.

And that's when you saw it. Near the closes tree, one of those monsters called Demons stood with its back against it. Its dark green eyes were staring at you hungrily. Its skin colour matched perfectly with the snowy tree bark, brown green.

As soon as the Demon realized that I had spotted it, he charged at me. "Mrs Kamada! You need to get out of here now!" She hesitated for a bit and then ran back to the house. 

Pulling out my daggers, I tried to stand up. But as soon as I put any pressure on my injured ankle a stinging pain ran up my leg.

I crouched back down, and just in time to the Demon had leapt over my head and crashed headfirst into the icy slope causing some snow to fall onto it.

As the Demon got back up I had already stab its hip with my weapon. It screeched in pain. The Demon grabbed a hold of my arm and threw me into one of the trees. Hitting the tree hard and I could feel the air in my lungs all come out at once.

The Demon began to walk to me, yanking out the dagger as he did so. And in a matter of seconds, the wound had stopped bleeding and was nearly fully healed. 

Struggling to get up, I still held the other dagger ready to strike. I stood in a fighting position ready to attack the Demon. I've been training in hand to hand combat for 6 years. I was currently the age of 12, so half of my life has gone to training.

That's how long I've been training to kill creatures like the one in front of me. Once again the Demon came running at me at full speed. 

My reaction time is pretty speedy, so as soon as the demon was about to slash me, I used my weapon to cut its hands off.