6: Mission A Go

Another few days past, both mine and Tanjiro's wounds were healing. Tho Tanjiro's head was the only thing that needed the most medical attention. "Now let me tell you two about a few things." We both sat down and waited for him to talk. "You remember that Demon you both killed in the final Selection?" He asked.

"You mean the morphed demon?" I asked. He nodded his head. "Yes. That demon was only that strong because of the amount of human it ate. But there is a special technique some high demons use to defeat foes. This is called Blood Arts. It gives demons remarkable abilities."

"So like how Nezuko doesn't need to eat humans to stay alive?" Tanjiro asked. "No that is something different entirely. Tho, this is only a theory. I believe Nezuko is gathering energy by sleeping." "That would make sense," Tanjiro said. I began to hear a chiming noise from outside. Both Tanjiro and I walked to the door and opened it.

I stuck out my hand first to see a man walking towards the house. He wore a big straw hat that had multiple wind chimers on them. Tanjiro stepped out as the man got close. "Welcome would you like to-" "I am the forger of Tanjiro Kamada's sword, as well as the deliverer of (Y/n), (L/n) daggers." He said taking something off his back.

"Uh...Come in?" I try to repeat. "I forged Tanjiro's sword with my own hands." "You should come in for a-" Tanjiro tried to say. "This ore is a special ore that can absorb sunlight." You heard Mr Urokodaki sigh from inside. "He still won't listen to a word anyone says." The man looked up at Tanjiro. "Wait! A Fire Child!! That means I get to see a bright red sword!!!" He was really loud, I just walked back inside and waited for him.

"Unfortunately the forger of your daggers (Y/n) was unavailable. So delivered it for him." Both mine and Tanjiro's weapons were in their hilts resting in front of us. "Now show me yours I want to see that red sword!!" The man yelled.

Tanjiro gave him a confused look. "Nichirin swords are also known as colour changing swords depending on its user! Now draw it so we can see it!" The man screamed. Tanjiro did take his sword and took it out. He held in front of himself. And soon it turned into black.

"A black sword interesting." Mr Urokodaki said. While the other man instantly tackles Tanjiro and held him in a lock. "I WANTED TO SEE A BRIGHT RED SWORD!!!!" I just sat there taking out my weapons. The right one turned into a light pink and the left silver in colour. "Is that meant to happen?" I said slightly confused. "It's actually quite common with double blade users. So do not worry." Mr Urokodaki told me. I sighed that's reassuring.

"Caw!" Tanjiro's crow flew in. As well as my little bluebird. The crow landed on the floor, while the bluebird landed on my shoulder. "Tanjiro Kamada, Go South-West. Girls are disappearing! Caw!" The crow announced. "You have to go too (Y/n)" My little bird whispered to me. "Understood," I told my bluebird. "Thank you." I Stroked her small little head. She chirped happily. Then both the crow and bluebird took off and left.

'Our first mission. As real Demon Slayers!' I was gonna explode. I get to actually go on missions. Soon after the man left still angry that Tanjiro's sword turned black. You two should prepare for your journey. As well as put your uniforms on." He looked over at two bags that rested in the corner. "The left one is yours (Y/n), while the other is Tanjiro's."

We grabbed our bags of clothes. I went to change in the room, Nezuko was hiding from the sunlight underneath a blanket. I entered the room and closed the door behind me. The uniform itself was a darker brown in colour. My blackberry coloured haori was also in there. Flicking it over my uniform, I realized it had a white floral pattern all over it. By the looks of it, it was only recently sowed on. Did Mr Urokodaki do that for me?

Opening the door again, I walked out in full uniform. Tanjiro had only just put on his Green and black Haori on. He looked so mature in his uniform. He looked at me which he caught me staring. A soft tint of pink spread over my face when I looked away.