8: The Encounter

Tanjiro had sliced off both the arms of the demon and interrogated him aggressively. Asking questions about someone named Muzan Kibutsuji.

 I got up to be in a sitting position and watched quietly. Nezuko came to stand next to me, but i noticed she had a scratch across her head that caused blood to trickle down the side of her face. 

Even though I cannot hear what was happening, I could tell by the Demon's face something was wrong. Tanjiro was extremely aggressive with his questions, his face looked furious, and I could hear the slight sound of him yelling. 

He truly looked fierce and quite intimidating, which seemed to trigger something in me..

Tanjiro said something to the demon that caused him to visually shake his head. In that instant, he grew both arms back and went to attack Tanjiro directly. But before he could even touch him, swiftly I sliced his head off. It rolled on the ground and started to slowly turn to dust and disappeared. "That was close." Sighing putting my weapon back in their hilt.

Even though the demon was now gone Tanjiro hadn't quite calmed down, placing my hand on his shoulder i looked at him as if to say 'calm down' and to my relief his expression soften and he gently squeezed my hand and looked at me with a cute smile on his face as a thanks. I felt to light blush rise to my face. He looked calmer and put his sword back into its hilt.

"Achoo!" I sneezed. "Achoo! Achoo!" "Looks like you caught a cold (Y/n)" Tanjiro commented still having a low growl in his voice. Grumbled in response, causing him to chuckle lightly.

 He turned towards one of the stone walls, I looked too and there, sleeping sitting down was Nezuko. He walked over to her making sure she was alright. He observed the scratch across her face "The bleeding has stopped. Maybe Mr Urokodaki theory was right." He whispered to himself.

He proceeded to put his sister in the box that rested on his back. I waited nearby sneezing every few minutes. Why is it so cold? Tanjiro walked over to Mr Kozumi and keeled down in front of him. "Mr Kozumi, are you alright?" He looked up at Tanjiro, his eyes filling up with tears. "I just lost my fiance." The tears were now travelling down his cheeks. "How could I possibly be alright?!?" His tone alarmed me a little.

Watching as the sun of the new day rise, I listened to the conversation between Tanjiro and Mr Kozumi. "Listen, it may be devastating, but life must continue," Tanjiro told him. "It will be painful at first but you must go on." He took a hold of Tanjiro's the collar on his haori. 

"You are just a kid what would you know!?!" He was clearly stilled scared and confused about tonight's events. But with a sweet and slightly sad look, Tanjiro took a hold of his arms and guided them off his clothes. 

 Mr Kozumi was looking wide-eyed at him. "Here" Tanjiro reached into a pocket inside his haori and pulled out a piece from off of the demon's former clothing. He grasped it and unfolded it. In it was the exact part where all the girl's hairpins were. Even more, tears formed at the sight of his fiance's old bow.  

"We'll be on our way now." Tanjiro stood back up and walked down the track. "Come on (Y/n)." "Yeah, I'm coming. Seeya Mr Kozumi it was nice meeting you." 

I waved back to him as I caught up to Tanjiro. He looked up at the two of us as we walked away. "I'm sorry I said those things! Please forgive me!" He called out. "Just make sure that girl gets home safely," Tanjiro exclaimed back. "I will! I promise!" 

Once we were out of sight from Mr Kozumi and getting closer to the exit, Tanjiro's face looked so hateful and overwhelming. "Are you o-Achoo!" I sneezed mid-sentence. "Huh?" He looked back at me. "I said-Achoo! Achoo!" I groaned in defeat. "I think you've got a cold (Y/n)" He said turning to look at me.