4: To Become A Slayer.

The boy that looked like Tanjiro walked into the middle of the waiting area and looked around. His face seemed to be surprised at the number of people there were. I couldn't help myself I ran up to my long lost childhood friend and stood in front of him. 

At first, he looked at me confused but his expression changed once I said: "Long time no see Tanjiro." Giving him a wide smile. "(Y/n)?" I nodded my head in response. 

His own face brightened and he embraced me in a hug. Not objecting I hugged back. "Everyone thought you were dead. There was a search party to look for you years ago. But when they never found you we all got so worried. Nezuko and mum especially"

He stopped hugging me and held my shoulders, looking into my eyes with his own crimson ones. "Welcome everyone to the final selection." Two girls stood on a little platform, looking dead straight. They were both kinda creepy.

The two both took turns explaining the rules and how you can pass, not blinking even once. Tanjiro and I stood side by side facing them. 

"Let's stick together." Tanjiro leaned over and whispered. Nodding my head again we both continued to listen.

After the two girls announced the start of the Final Selection, Tanjiro and I ran full speed into the Demon infested forest, but it seemed I was slightly faster than him. I giggled as he stayed behind me by a few steps. Slowing my pace so that I was sprinting at the same speed as him.

"So what made you want to become a Slayer?" He just looked at the ground with sorrow in his eyes. "I'll tell you later." Naturally, I was confused and curious at the same time. 

We came across some Demons which we easily got rid of. "This is my first time I've ever fought a Demon," Tanjiro told me as he put his sword back into its hilt. "It's just been 4 days for me." I did the same with my daggers.

He sniffed the air, while I scanned it. But we both heard the screams of someone nearby. And then at the same time, we saw it. A huge mucus green Demon with multiple arms, each fingernail being painted blood red, stomped after a screaming boy. 

Tanjiro hid behind a tree and I hid on some of the branches above. We could both see the Demon already had someone in one of his many hands. He lifted this motionless boy over his head and devoured him. 

The demon began to grow in size, his arms begin to bulge up and even more, veins were visible. The other that was screaming had tripped and the Demon grabbed him by the leg with his outstretched arm. Again he lifted his head ready to devour him. 

But the exact moment this demon was about to eat him, Tanjiro used one of his forms to slice the arm. "Water Breathing! Second Form! Water Wheel!" I watched as my long lost friend, had now just cut off the morphed demon's arm clean off. 

Of course, I leapt out the tree to join him. Like what kind of friend would I be if I just abandoned him? Standing in a fighting stance with both of our weapons, ready to attack this human-eating monster.

The demon looked at the two of us, then he began to giggle to himself. " So another one of Urokodaki's little foxes has come to me." I tilted my head. But Tanjiro looked at the Demon suspiciously. " How do you know about Mr Urokodaki?" "That bastard is the one that captured me!" The demon's tone of voice was harsh.

"I've eaten 50 of you wanna-be-slayer brats." "50?!" Both Tanjiro and I cried in shock and slight disbelief. " And now you will make will make 14." He pointed at Tanjiro. He gave a questioning look "14?" "That's how many Urokodaki's kids I've eaten." He giggled to himself again.