Part 5

Credit to the Gif Creator

Summary: It's been nearly a year since Draco's little secret was revealed... so, how did everything unfold... and what happens next?

Word Count: 1314

Warnings: Not sure ??? It's kinda heavy... some angst, I guess

Hope you enjoy it and please, feel free to send me a message or comment, feedback is always welcomed and encouraged.

Draco idly spun the smooth black band around the base of his slender pale finger, his elbows resting against his knees as he sat in the old shabby armchair in the corner of the room

Draco idly spun the smooth black band around the base of his slender pale finger, his elbows resting against his knees as he sat in the old shabby armchair in the corner of the room. Yet his eyes were drawn to a different ring... a ring all but the same, except for the colour, a white band that sat around the base of his thumb. On the small beaten table beside him was yesterdays edition of the Daily Prophet, laid out and bearing the increasingly troubling news from his magical world... trouble that was now spilling across into the muggle world and quickly gearing up come to a head at Hogwarts.

It had been almost a year since Professor Dumbledore died, and every day since, Draco had thought of him... every day feeling grateful for what the old wizard had done. Grateful for what he had done for him and even more grateful for what he had done for (YN). Looking up, his heavy gaze travelled across to her lying asleep on the bed, the faint early light of dawn spilling gently across her beautiful features so peaceful and serene. Without Dumbledore it would have been a completely different scene, the bed would be lying empty and he never would have set eyes on the ghastly house he now lived in... a tiny house with peeling wallpaper, leaky taps and broken windows... yet a house that had given him the happiest moments of his life... a house that had provided him enough fond memories to last a long life time. But really, it wasn't the house... it was her. And Draco knew that with every fibre of his heart.

With a deep and silent breath he recounted the evening that took place almost one year ago, the evening he found himself bounding up the headmaster's staircase, shocked to find (YN) safe and asleep on the sofa in the corner of Dumbledore's office. At the sight of her, Draco stopped dead on his feet, relief flooding through him as his confused expression darted between her and Dumbledore. A small smile touched the corner of his lips, remembering the old wizard's words, "Ah Draco... you're here... and I can see you are full of many questions." Standing up from his desk, he moved around to the front as he continued to speak, "Many questions... but enough time for just one answer."

Draco's question trickled from his mouth, "H...How did you know?"

Dumbledore joined his hands before him, his answer leaving Draco none the wiser, "I know exactly as much as I need to know." Reaching into his pocket, he moved across to Draco and pulled out two rings, offering him to take them from his palm. "They act almost like a portal."

Taking them from his hand, Draco looked across to (YN), the steady rise and fall of her chest soothing his racing heart, then turning back to Dumbledore he ask, "Where will they take us?"